That's true. However, in my case I'm on a Late 2008 MBP (2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo w/ 512 meg VRAM) so I'm fairly confident that the graphics speed will be much better no matter which way I go. Generally, the max Modul8 composition that I run with this setup is a 2048 x 768 (DualHead2Go) which isn't a huge amount of pixels to push.We really don't know how much better the retina machines will be in terms of graphics speed. They'll be burdened with a much higher resolution screen in addition to the video output. I'm thinking about buying a new non-retina MacBook Pro's just for the improved graphics card and increased memory. At least the additional graphics power should be fully available to Modul8 in that case.
. +1 to that !I've said it before, but I think it bears saying again: I really wish there were some more performance metrics/transparency/etc. when it comes to Modul8.
I will repeat this again as I already have done on this thread: Modul8 is not dead. It is being worked on as I write this.
There are plenty of companies that are not transparent in their communications about product development, and they have good reasons for this.
There will be new things coming by the end of the year, and they will be Modul8 related.
ilan, we've heard you say that but so far, from all appearances, a minor update of Modul8 with Syphon input appears to be about all that we're waiting on. If that's something that we're waiting for the end of the year for, well, let's just say that I for one hope that's not it...I will repeat this again as I already have done on this thread: Modul8 is not dead. It is being worked on as I write this.
There are plenty of companies that are not transparent in their communications about product development, and they have good reasons for this.
There will be new things coming by the end of the year, and they will be Modul8 related.
Exactly.I needed to drop a clip in the media bin and result is on screen. In the past this never happened with Powerbook G4. Now with good intel mac running just the OS and Modul8 off SSD we get this. I have reduced my shows to bare minimum so I can hardly create what I want - few clips, 3 layers, no intensive effects and I get stutters still.
I think it is very important to find out where the problem is. Is it Modul8, OS X, mac hardware.
i stopped using modul8 4 years ago.
the technical design is so old fashioned.
if you have to earn your money with video shows it is impossible to do it with modul8.
the output quality is to bad.
its a shame, that the software has got no main update since 2005.
at its time, modul8 was the best software.
respectfully,
janine
good example is in this video at 6.00 onwards. Just 3 layers running one with PNG+ 1024x768.
https://vimeo.com/29879872
I needed to drop a clip in the media bin and result is on screen. In the past this never happened with Powerbook G4. Now with good intel mac running just the OS and Modul8 off SSD we get this. I have reduced my shows to bare minimum so I can hardly create what I want - few clips, 3 layers, no intensive effects and I get stutters still.
I think it is very important to find out where the problem is. Is it Modul8, OS X, mac hardware.
It is nothing special. Just make few sec long clips 1024x768 PhotoJPG 85% and PNG+.Is there any way you can dropbox this video and post it with Modul8 File
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 61 guests
Copyright 2017 © garageCube. All Rights Reserved. Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited.