UC 33e versus BCF2000
  • doubledrop

UC 33e versus BCF2000

by doubledrop » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:26 am

i'm about to buy a midi control surface for MODUL8, and it comes down to a choice of Behringer's BCF2000 versus Evolution's UC 33e.
    They're equally priced, I just wanna buy the one that's best suited to how MODUL8 functions 'in the field' so to speak.
    Any real user experiences and reviews would be great, I don't wanna waste money on a turkey (again)!.

As far as i can see UC 33e would give more simultaneous controllers within the same set, i can count 35 faders/knobs, compared to BCF2000 16 controllers.
    Behringer looks more rugged though, and has motorised faders which I guess could be nice, if you can presumably recall fader sets from memory to recreate a certain combination of filters with one button push (I'm getting excited now!)

Looks-wise Behringer wins hands down (IMHO), but i want a tool not an ornament so all advise is very welcome.

i've already got the OXYGEN8 from old days of VIDVOX (anyone remember that?) but it's only got 8 knobs and 1 fader. Could i use it in conjunction with either of the above devices i wonder?

doubledrop, UK
  • Luminaut

by Luminaut » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:08 am

Hello and greetings, I would like to refresh this inquiry and pose the same question: which one? M-audio makes a solid, stable product (I have a FW4/10 and an O2), but the Behringers I've used in live stage productions were always rugged and well designed. Who out there has used either one (or both) of these, and can you give me any input as to the pro's / con's of either? Anything will appreciated. Thanks.
    A nerd at play, makes money that day.
    liquidvision

by liquidvision » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:13 pm

I've been using the UC-33 for professional VJ gigs for about half a year, and used it non-professionally for about a year prior, just for audio mixing. (The UC-33 is the ver. A of the UC-33b which is the same mechanically.)

I've just replaced the UC-33 in my rig with a Novation Remote-SL, and would HIGHLY recommend the Remote-SL after just a few weeks of use.

I do NOT recommend the UC-33 for professional use. The construction and parts are not of the best quality, in my opinion, at least for heavy use. I would put the knobs and faders through a hectic workout, tweaking, spinning, and flipping them back and forth to manipulate effects. A few of the knobs and sliders that I knowingly used more than others began to feel different... loosening up. While I have not yet had a total failure with a control, I can most definitely feel them suffering from wear and tear.

So far, I can't honestly say I've put the Novation Remote-SL through the same continuous use, as I've only used it for a few weeks. However, the initial quality and construction is without a doubt superior to the UC-33. The features, especially the LCD panel and extent of template customization, are above and beyond the UC-33. We're talking a whole new level of control here.

One other problem I was having with the UC-33 is that the MIDI signal would be lost and the controller was not recognized by Modul8, at which time I'd have to unplug it and replug it (via USB). I suspect this might have been due to a faulty USB connection a the USB port on the UC-33, and perhaps a result of how I had it placed in my case. This became more frequent, and I'd lose control multiple times during a single gig, motivating me to go ahead with the Remote-SL upgrade I'd been considering.

I would have gotten the Remote-SL even sooner, had I not had such difficulty finding it at a retailer. I was travelling so much that it wasn't very convenient to mail order it, and I'd figure I'd grab one at a big-box music store on the road... no one has them in stock. Internet supplies seem adequate, so I don't think you'll have much trouble finding one online, but do make sure they have the item IN STOCK at THEIR warehouse (not "in stock at Novation"). Finally ordering one that was reportedly "in stock" it actually took a MONTH to arrive. (That retailer will never get my business again.) OK, sorry for the rant on stock supplies.

Bottom line, spend a couple bucks more and order a Novation Remote-SL NOW! The model equitable to the UC-33b is the Remote-SL Zero, but they have others with keyboards, which I did get for other purposes, so I consolidated multiple pieces of gear with the SL25. You could get replace both a UC-33 and Oxygen similarly.
  • doubledrop

thanks

by doubledrop » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:31 pm

thanks for such a comprehensive review.
    the SL25 is for sale in UK at £300 inc.
    now i'm sorely tempted, and will certainly buy when funds allow.

anyone else out there got experience of the Novation?

also i've recently been playing with Hercules Traktor for bedroom Djing. seems to me there's no reason why that controller couldn;t do some interesting stuff to Modul8. anyone else tried this yet?

doubledrop
  • adolfainsley8

Re: UC 33e versus BCF2000

by adolfainsley8 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:30 am

The features, especially the LCD panel and extent of template customization, are above and beyond the UC-33. We're talking a whole new level of control here????
    == Solitaire ==
    pele2010
    ultim8 member

Re: UC 33e versus BCF2000

by pele2010 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:22 pm

Does somebody have a working module for the bcf2000?

There Is ohne in online but it does not work .

Without Module the Controllers arme limited.

Have you tested the vj3 of garagecube?

This ohne Is full mapped and integrated

Kind regards
    www.instagram.com/pele2010/
    #eachfilm01
    #pele2010
    Act without doing; work without effort. Think of the small as large and the few as many. Confront the difficult while it is still easy;
    accomplish the great task by a series of small acts.
    www.eachfilm.de