Modul8 2.5 releasa date? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
  • Kemuri

Modul8 2.5 releasa date? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

by Kemuri » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:57 pm

Hi!

I bought a MacBook Pro in February and I've been waiting for the Intel Native version since then...I have to use the shitty Arkaos instead of Modul8. Could anyone help me what is the approx. release date of 2.5? I cannot believe that only Arkaos has Universal Binary version...

:?

Thanks in advance

Kemuri
  • band:X

by band:X » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:06 pm

Hi Kemuri,

If you purchase version M8 v2 you will receive a free upgrade to 2.5 at no extra cost.

I had the same problem, but you will immediately have access to the 2.5beta which is universal and even if you need it for production, v2 running under rosetta was surprisingly good.

Hope this helps, it is far superior to every other VJ package I have used before and worth the wait.

Andy
  • Kemuri

by Kemuri » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:12 pm

Hi!

Thanks for the fast answer. But the Beta version is stabil enough to run live shows with it? I'm working with a band on live concerts and I don't want to crash down anytime during the gig.

K.
  • band:X

by band:X » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:25 pm

Depending on how long the live show is, then the beta may see you through the night. However, I use it for 6/7 hour shows and usually end up with a couple of crashes. as long as you save your progress quickly and have another source to mix to then you can prevent major upsets.

Otherwise, v2 will be stable enough under rosetta hopefully, it was while i was performing with it.

At the end of the day, if you know you want 2.5 and are just waiting for the final release, you may may as well buy it now, test v2 and then test v2.5 while rehearsing and decide if they are stable enough for you. If they're not, you will get v2.5 when it is released anyways.

At the very least, having it now will allow you to render material down into Arkoas if you choose not to use it!

All the best,

Andy
    p8guitar

by p8guitar » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:09 pm

I cannot find the 2.5 beta, where is the download?
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:56 pm

I have used the beta for more than 8 hours and withot problems most cases.

Beta is available for all registered legal modul8 users.