Get Ready For Modul8 V2.0!
  • jm302
    super8 member

by jm302 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:58 pm

Akira wrote:Sometimes one leaves holes between and it's not comfortable to have to delete stuff and rearrange like that! Can we get a "drag and drop" facility in Edit mode to put the clips where we want?

I'm with Akira on this one.

So, since you mentioned revising the Media Window, I have a question: can you make a toggle (or perhaps set it in the preferences) so the name of the clip will be displayed under (or perhaps inset) its icon? It would be very helpful, to me anyhow, to not have to go into edit mode to see the names of the clips. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Justin
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist" -- Anonymous

http://www.302acid.com
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:19 am

jm302 wrote:
    Akira wrote:Sometimes one leaves holes between and it's not comfortable to have to delete stuff and rearrange like that! Can we get a "drag and drop" facility in Edit mode to put the clips where we want?

I'm with Akira on this one.

So, since you mentioned revising the Media Window...

All I can say is that we plan to entirely rewrite the media window. It won't be for the V2.0 but for the version after.

Yves.
    gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:30 am

I'm sure I mentioned this before, but I just wanted to suggest MIDI feedback. It would be immensly helpful! Would it be possible to do this with a module?
    DJ G Mint

www.MidwestDJs.com • [url=https://]www.minidj.com[/url]
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:54 pm

gmint wrote:I'm sure I mentioned this before, but I just wanted to suggest MIDI feedback. It would be immensly helpful! Would it be possible to do this with a module?

Hmmm... It would be possible but not very easy.

It is also part of our TO-DO list for next development cycle after the V2.0.

Yves.
    gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:30 pm

That's kind of what I figured. The way I see it, you would have to poll the state of all of the controls every so often and then feed the positions out via MIDI if you were going to do it via Python.

In any case, I feel like MIDI feedback is something that is almost essential to really using M8 productively. There are just SO many controls that it's almost overwhelming. The BCR 2000 is the perfect compliment to M8 but with 32 knobs and 20 buttons (times 10 layers), things can get REALLY unruly.

That said, I really hope it's something that can be done with a module or otherwise!
    DJ G Mint

gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:58 am

I know I'm a huge pain in the ass but every time I book a VJ gig I think, damn I hope M8 2.0 will be out by then (that's a credit to you guys BTW).

So, all I'm gonna say January 29th, any shot?
    DJ G Mint

yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:48 pm

Cannot give you a definitive date now. We are still on schedule and most of the hard work is done - nevertheless we still have many details to fix before releasing the beta. The good news is that the current version is already pretty stable (we did not see a crash for several weeks). There is still many optimizations to do before the final release, but we plan to release the beta before entering the fine tuning phase, so users can start to send us feedback while we optimize each critical area.

Yves.
    gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:42 pm

Hey yves, just wondering if you would be willing to give us any info on the progress of the update. I haven't heard anything for a bit and I'm getting really anxious...
    DJ G Mint

• Doerak

by Doerak » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:53 pm

There you asked it. I'm also dieing to know. But I did not dare to ask for it. I don't want to annoy you guys. I'm glad you could not resist it.
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:05 pm

Doerak wrote:There you asked it. I'm also dieing to know. But I did not dare to ask for it. I don't want to annoy you guys. I'm glad you could not resist it.

Modul8 V2.0 is the only thing that we have in our mind here at GarageCUBE. The to-do list on my desk is becoming very small, so I guess it is a pretty good sign... :wink:

Yves-
  • Doerak

by Doerak » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:59 pm

These are exciting times. I'll be good and wait patiently. It's hard though ;-)
  • freespirit

by freespirit » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:47 pm

ooh ooh exciting, I can't wait. At my school they where having a video workshop and I saw all the crappy pc-soft and felt so happy with my Ibook and Modul8.

Wishfull thinking is that it will be available before the 11th (next week so probably not) so I can test it at a gig I have that night where I have room to experiment.
  • freespirit

Request.

by freespirit » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:06 am

Will it be possible to make an option to hide the mouse pointer on the second screen. While performing I regulary have the mouse pointer in my output (on a tiny ibook display it's very easy to accidentily move it there)
  • edd

M8 V2

by edd » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:59 pm

WHEN?
    yves@garagecube
    master

Re: M8 V2

by yves@garagecube » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:11 pm

edd wrote:WHEN?

Well, we are a bit late on schedule. The beta 3 is almost done and this version will be very close to the final candidate. So we are pretty close now.

Yves.