Module8 + WiiMote = WiiM8
  • r4f0

wii by Johnny Lee

by r4f0 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:02 am

Hey, checkout this link, here are amazing projects developed by this guy with wii. I hope it will be available in mac soon. Obviosly the support for wii in Windows is better.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/projects/wii/

r4f0
    G4jima

Thankyou

by G4jima » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:03 pm

Thanks guys that did the trick and now I've sorted it.....;)
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:08 am

. i've had a lot of success w/OSCulator (http://www.osculator.net/wiki/Main/Download - worth the donation!)

. it will do OSC or MIDI transmits. the easiest way to set it up is to solo a particular function (x button, acceleration, yaw, etc. ) and have modul8 listen for the MIDI

. i'm still working out how to make is a little less sensitive on the movements, but the buttons worked flawlessly

. i can control my vj rig while waiting in line at the bar 15+ feet away ! :)
  • Realmyop

by Realmyop » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:35 pm

Hi everyone!
    I'm using osculator and modul8 too. I've made 2 videos showing how it's works. Sorry for the one in french , but I'm sure you can anderstand it even if you're not speaking french.

http://www.dailymotion.com/RealMyope/vi ... -os-x_tech

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5nddo ... m_creation

If you need help for configuration or anything else, let me know , I'll be glad to help.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:05 am

Thanks! I understand what the result looks like, but have trouble set it up. In OSCulator my Wii is mapped fine, but how to assign functions to controls.
    Could you post your OSCulator patch.
  • fruitmedia

i´m freaking out

by fruitmedia » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:44 pm

Hallo Everyone

I have a problem with my wii-remote. I have read everything in this forum about the osculator and wii but it won´t work at my computer. Maby someone who works with osculator can sent me his osc-file for modul 8 and the preferences for the midi divices in the utility application audio-midi.

It would be nice if someone can write a instruction for wii and osculator.

Please, can someone mail me the ocs file and write a instruction.

office_AT_fruitmedia_DOT_at

Thank you.

greetings
    Martin
  • benga

by benga » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:32 pm

hello all, and sorry to bump an old thread, but i'm trying to do something with modul8 and the wiimote, but i'm not sure how to approach this. I'm trying to find a way to move an picture in space using the wiimote, in a pretty precise way, imagine a sphere in a layer, clicking on the object using the B button and moving it to another position.
    this would be done from a stage, a kind of 3D mouse system mapped to modul8 media.

any idea on how to approach this ?

b
    cie sisyphe heureux
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:43 am

. hmmm

. well, i don't think there's an easy way to determine 'what' you're clicking on w/the wii mote - furthermore, you can't really use it like a pointer b/c you need the IR bar to triangulate the position of the wii mote (to the best of my knowledge)

. however, i suppose you could use the directional pad and translate the MIDI notes to move the x/y of a layer. that might come close to what you're trying to do.
    G4jima

Darwin remote

by G4jima » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:27 pm

I think I achieved this with darwin remote.... I'll have a dig around see if I can get you some proper info. Sorry I cant be more helpful at this time.

Thanks