modul8 on os leopard (s2pid question inside)
  • def

modul8 on os leopard (s2pid question inside)

by def » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:08 pm

hi,
    i am asking myself if this will run without any problems?
    i'm planning to buy a new macbook pro in october & i don't really wanna miss this awesome application.

tia
    kareem
    styles change - style doesn't
  • ilan

by ilan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:31 am

So far our tests with Mac OS X 10.5 modul8 has been working fine.
  • def

by def » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:49 pm

workin' fine ... no problems detected ...so far
    Last edited by def on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
    styles change - style doesn't
  • CalebAWilson

Problems with Leopard 10.5

by CalebAWilson » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:36 pm

I have a fresh install of Leopard 10.5.1, and I had major problems playing a gig. One of the major problems is that the video will freeze at random. When the video freezes you have to click anywhere and the video snaps back to playing, but it jumps, like it had been advancing but not displaying.

I don't think this is completely Modul8, because I have a program that makes the desktop a screensaver. This is so if I have to quit the program it won't just be black. I never have it running during regular video performance though (this noticeably hurts performance). When I just had the laptop sitting on the desktop (with the desktop as a screensaver) it locked up. It stayed there for at least 5-7 min then everything went back to normal.

I have tried to turn off everything that the computer would be doing besides what I need. I turned off all internet connection, file sharing, putting hard disks to sleep, putting the computer to sleep in any way, and any other background program. This didn't seem to help out the random freezing.

I have a system stats program that gives me my vitals (hard drive usage, memory usage ratio, processor usage) and I notice that memory gets used up more in Leopard. I also noticed that the internal hard drive is in a constant state of being read. The hard drive doesn't seem to be getting written to, just read... all the time.

I am projecting with a Triple Head 2 Go device and something I noticed was it didn't like the usual pixel ratio. I usually adjust everything to 2400x600 in the monitor prefs, as well as the Matrox utility. This time when I did this it kept the projectors flashing into blue and back to the desktop. when I changed to a higher ratio this stopped. My computer configuration is: MacBook Pro, 10.5.1, 2.33 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM.

Please I would really like it if I didn't have to reinstall Tiger. If anyone has any thoughts, or is having similar problems please reply.
    Jaime / www.starloops.net

by Jaime / www.starloops.net » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:32 pm

I have the same config
    I'll try test tomorow and tell you what

Jaime
    Starloops Manager
    http://www.starloops.net
  • Lando

by Lando » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:00 pm

works fine for me!
  • CalebAWilson

results of testing and more playing out

by CalebAWilson » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:20 pm

I tested my system again and everything seemed to work fine. I was able to use the 2400x600 resolution and i think that this was a major part of the problem. My testing was not extremely extensive, but it seemed to be fine. Some friends of mine said that Leopard was cashing all kind of images for cover flow so it was good to leave the computer on for a day or too so it could complete this task. I did and Modul8 seemed to run fine.

I played a show on Saturday and Modul8 crashed on me 2 times and the system lock up on me once. This never happened before. The memory usage looked fine, but the internal HD was still being read nonstop without much writing.

I don't know what my problem is here. I have also been having issue with one of my raids. I use a 1TB RAID, the drives are sata II and the connection is eSata II I use an AipoTech PCI express card to connect. My other raid is a 500 GB Lacie that is FW800. The Lacie works fine, but the TB is really shaking in stability. It sometimes thinks that I am still using it and will not eject. Some times files disappear and then after restart they are back again.
  • technomorph
    activ8 member

by technomorph » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:29 pm

senterio wrote:So far our tests with Mac OS X 10.5 modul8 has been working fine.

What about the quicktime 7.3 issue with multiscreen projections?
  • sonicslice
    activ8 member

by sonicslice » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:44 pm

technomorph wrote:
    senterio wrote:So far our tests with Mac OS X 10.5 modul8 has been working fine.

What about the quicktime 7.3 issue with multiscreen projections?

Fixed in 2.5.5 I think.
  • bratch
    super8 member

by bratch » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:40 am

Still broken with QT 7.3.It's only fixed in 2.5.5 for QT 7.2. I don't know if Leopard puts QT 7.3 as soon as you instal it (Leopard), but if it's the case, i guess you should have the same pb of broken multiprojection (on Mac pro with several graphic cards). Maybe Boris and the Garagecube team have more informations about that?
  • spectral

Leopard and M8

by spectral » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:13 pm

Got to say you are quite crazy trying to use M8 on a new OS with a new version of QT......in a production environment you should really use a fully tested set up not a brand new environment.

I have done some testing with Leopard and all in all it works OK for me, but hey still use my 10.4.11 version for live shows until at least 10.5.3 or so and maybe 2.5.5 or even 3 !
  • bratch
    super8 member

by bratch » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:27 pm

That's why i have a back up on a hard drive ! not so crazy !