A few questions about Modul8
  • rpk

A few questions about Modul8

by rpk » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:53 pm

Hi,

So I'm checking out Modul8 and would like to know if it has certain capabilities that I need.

1. It seems that the opacity can only be automated via midi for 1 layer (the active one) at a time. Is it impossible to control the opacity of several layers independently but at the same time via controller box (midi)?

2. In the same vein, it seems that switching of clips on a layer can only be done on the active layer? I'd like to replace clips at the same time on several layers. Does that work with Modul8?

3. It seems blending modes are not supported at the moment?

4. Does Pete Warden's FreeFrame effect "WAVE" exist for Macs and work in Modul8?

5. Can the speed of a video clip be synchronized to BPM?

Thanks for your help!

RPK
  • monsho

by monsho » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:42 pm

hey,

ok....

1. yep, easy, when you click on midi mapping you have three buttons at the top of the main window, Focus, Position and Layerset + Position - click position then you can select wach layer to be effected by a different midi control for opacity

2. similar to above if I remember rightly, have't done this though

3. not at mo, aparently for version 3

4. dunno, sure someone else will

5. yep, theres a module that does this, sorry not at my Modul8 machine at mo and can't remember what its called....
  • VJnutcracker
    super8 member

by VJnutcracker » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:27 am

4. yes WAVE works in m8
  • rpk

by rpk » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:23 pm

Hey,

Thanks for your replies! I'm starting to understand this program better and it seems now that the only real bummer for me is the lack of blending modes. But that might be something I can live with. I'll have to experiment more with keying and see if that solves some of what I'm trying to achieve.

If I decide to purchase, is there an upgrade policy for Modul8?

Thanks,
    RPK
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:36 am

rpk wrote:If I decide to purchase, is there an upgrade policy for Modul8?

So far, the policy, since version 1, has been a generous "registered users can upgrade for FREE".

Though be ready for this to change with the next major revision of the software.

Meanwhile, enjoy the generosity :P