Problems fading between groups when using luma layers
  • strictly

Problems fading between groups when using luma layers

by strictly » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:36 am

as title suggests, I am having problmes fading between Group A & B, specifically when I have layers luma-ed and composited on each other in each group.

Example

White text luma keyed on top of red texture video. ( the text looks like it's made out of the red texture video)

When I fade to Group B, just before completely fading it takes off the luma key, so you see full screen of red texture video before you fade. It's really messy.

am I doing something wrong or glitch.

ps want to marry modul 8.
  • sonicslice
    activ8 member

by sonicslice » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:41 am

It's because (as I understand it) the cross fade works by progressively alpha blending each individual channel - whilst it doesn't look like it from the alpha levels of each one, this is what happening therefore your msking layers that are luma keyed are actually transparent so you can see the layer below. I.m not sure if it's really a 'glitch' - just a symptom of the way the software addresses the task, but a true alpha blend between group A and B would be more useful in a bit of software which is used very regularly to composite different bits of footage together..