tripplehead2go with two monitors
  • bAjA

tripplehead2go with two monitors

by bAjA » Thu May 15, 2008 12:41 pm

hi

just got a tripplehead2go and was hoping that i could use it with either two or three ouputs... but it would seem that it only works with three...

anybody found a work round for this..?

cheers - bAjA
  • bAjA

by bAjA » Thu May 15, 2008 1:15 pm

looks like i have answered my own question... from what i can work out from the matrox site - the dual display mode is only supported on a mac by the digital version of the triplehead2go... and i got the analogue one...

so my new question is..
    The digital version has three dvi outputs.. how would i connect these to vga inputs?

is it as simple as using a dvi to vga lead- as i would to connect my macBook pro to a vga monitor, or am i correct to think that the the dvi on the mbp has analogue as well as digital coming out of it... which may not be the case on the triplehead2go.

any body got experience of this ??
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Thu May 15, 2008 5:59 pm

• bAjA

by bAjA » Mon May 19, 2008 7:03 pm

thanks for the link.. it helped alot...

to summarize what i have learned-

1> only the digital th2go supports dual and triple modes on a mac... ( dual only after downloading a plugin from matrox )

2> the digital version is USB powered ( so no 13amp transformer as big as the box itself - horay)

3> you can use a dvi to vga lead to connect to vga projectors..

4> scan.co.uk rock for being happy for me to send back the analogue one i got first..

5> modul8 looks twice as good on two monitors and new toys make me happy...
  • incuf

by incuf » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:49 pm

Hi bAjA!!!

have you tried connecting the apple DVI-Video adapter to one of the matrox triplehead2go outputs?

I guess that it should work, as the outputs are DVI-I,

let me know if you tried this.

cheers!

IncuF
    Valparaiiso
    activ8 member

by Valparaiiso » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:37 pm

@ incuf
    No, it CAN NOT work. There's no composite/s-video signal from a TH2Gdigital.
    If your input is dvi, you got dvi. If it's vga, you got vga through dvi-vga connectors. That's all.

You must download a PrefPane from Matrox to set your TH2go. It's quick and easy.
  • JJHP3
    activ8 member

by JJHP3 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi All

I've used an analog TH2Go on a MacBookPro and two projectors with success many times. But it works as 2 out of 3... so what you get is the ability to show 2 800 x 600 clips with one 800 600 blank. Don't hook up anything to either the Left or Right output and always use the Center out. I've shown 1600 x 600 clips as well. Make your output 2400 x 600 in M8 and position clips as needed.

Hope that helps,

John
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:00 am

. i've been thinking about getting a matrox TripleHead2Go - but am now confused...

. can i use it to run 3 640x480 outputs via some sort of DVI->RCA converter? does one exist for the TH2G, or would I have to go DVI->VGA-> RCA?

. thanks!
  • incuf

by incuf » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Mac DVI OUT -> Th2go -> DVI-VGA converter -> Scan Converter (VGA-video) -> Beamer/TV

That's the way

You can´t convert the Th2go DVI outputs to video

cheers

IncuF