Preview Pane
  • t.francis

Preview Pane

by t.francis » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:13 pm

The new version looks cool but is still missing an important thing.
    The preview pane... why can't it show all of the composition when using advance output?
    We need more than 480 pixels of preview.

Cheers.
    t.francis
    deepvisual
    master

by deepvisual » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:12 am

hmm.

have you tried m8 preferences/preview??
    boris
    garageCube team

Re: Preview Pane

by boris » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:17 am

Hi Francis,

It is possible to increase the size of the preview window by clicking and dragging on bottom right corner, additionally you can change the ratio preview on the preference.
    The size is only limited to the size of your screen.

t.francis wrote:The new version looks cool but is still missing an important thing.
    The preview pane... why can't it show all of the composition when using advance output?
    We need more than 480 pixels of preview.

Cheers.
    Boris * garageCube team
  • t.francis

by t.francis » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:50 pm

Yes of course.
    But what i mean is that regardless of the output resolution, Modul8 never shows more than 480 pixels of height in the preview window. So when I work in HD, I never see my all of my composition...
    t.francis
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:54 am

that's why there is a "normalize" button in the top-middle of the interface, so it scales your media to fit the preview panel but it doesn't reduce the number of pixels so when it's on the screen or display, you have full resolution
  • t.francis

by t.francis » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:45 am

Not when working with the advanced output. The normalize button scales the media.

Anyways, I guess Modul8 is meant to work with SD files...
    t.francis
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:40 am

the preview panel is only a preview panel...

Modul8 works on a 3d engine, this means your media is like a texture in a 3d environment. You can scale down this texture as you want but the resolution of your media wont lose any pixels.
    The output window can be scaled to whatever resolution, it will only scale this 3d environment then your texture(media) will fit this new resolution. As long as you have enough pixels in your media you won't lose any quality. If you scale over your media it will start to recreate pixels and you'll lose quality, that's sience :wink: .

So yes, modul8 works perfectly with HD footage, if you take the time to read this forum you'll see many post about HD and users that are doing hd woithout any problem.

It seems that I didn't understand correctly your question or what, but I can't see what's your problem here...
  • videomasta

by videomasta » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:33 am

hey sigma6. it would be great, if you could tell us how you can scale the output window.
    is there a special shortcut for it ? i only can scale it to fullscreen or to a limited size, which is very smal.
    if your screenratio is not the same as the target output. (for example 8:3) its not possible
    to use the fullscreen option.
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:57 pm

you can change the preview/output ratio in the preferences (preview panel).

When you go fullscreen, the output fit your display or projector resolution, but this depends on your configuration in the system preferences. If you output on a ful hd projector, you'll output 1920x1080px, so change the ratio of your preview panel to 16/9 and even if the preview panel shows 480 pixels height, you souldn't care because there's no resolution reducing of your medias, if your media is 1920x1080 and you check normalize, it will fit these 480px height but in the output you'll still have your 1080px to fit the 1080px of the projector.

I agree it's strange to have a workspace of 640x480, it can be bigger, but there must be a workspace as I said it's a 3d environment. Maybe this is something that can be changed in the preferences, but I think there's a reason they chose 640x480...
  • t.francis

by t.francis » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:52 pm

I tought that I would loose resolution by scaling the medias. So I did a setup with this 3d environment in mind and it seems to be all fine.

Thanks
    t.francis
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:54 pm

you're welcome
  • bratch
    super8 member

by bratch » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:17 pm

Is there a way to change this preview panel size from 640x480 up to 1400x1050 by example, because it seems that it's much more accurate when you move your medias if you keep your clip at the same size than the output in the advanced output setup. I explain a bit more.
    First, i know that the output resolution doesn't have anything to do with the size of the clip in the advanced output set up.
    If you have a 1400x1050 output resolution, and you give your clip a 1400x1050 size, then you can move accurately your medias from 1 pixel to 1 pixel,but the clip is much bigger than the preview panel, so you cannot work with this unfortunatly, except if you can change the preview panel size.
    Now, if you still have a 1400x1050 output resolution, and you give your clip a 640x480 size, it will fit your preview panel exactly, but when you move your media, you move them from 2,18 pixels to 2,18 pixels (hihi it's just the division of 1400/640). So you'are more than 2 times less accurate.
    The question is :
    Is there's a way to modify the preview panel size to be more accurate in the moves?
    Thanks
  • bratch
    super8 member

by bratch » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:20 pm

Is there a way to change this preview panel size from 640x480 up to 1400x1050 by example, because it seems that it's much more accurate when you move your medias if you keep your clip at the same size than the output in the advanced output setup. I explain a bit more.
    First, i know that the output resolution doesn't have anything to do with the size of the clip in the advanced output set up.
    If you have a 1400x1050 output resolution, and you give your clip a 1400x1050 size, then you can move accurately your medias from 1 pixel to 1 pixel,but the clip is much bigger than the preview panel, so you cannot work with this unfortunatly, except if you can change the preview panel size.
    Now, if you still have a 1400x1050 output resolution, and you give your clip a 640x480 size, it will fit your preview panel exactly, but when you move your media, you move them from 2,18 pixels to 2,18 pixels (the division of 1400/640). So you are more than 2 times less accurate.
    The question is :
    Is there's a way to modify the preview panel size to be more accurate in the moves?
    Thanks
  • bratch
    super8 member

by bratch » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:48 am

anybody's got an idea?