Modul8 & iPhone/iPod Touch
  • dobba

Modul8 & iPhone/iPod Touch

by dobba » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:10 pm

I saw a video on YouTube recently where someone was using the screen of an iPhone to control Modul8. Does anyone know if something is available for this or whether anyone will develop an application for the recently launched App Store?

Link here for the video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AN9op5jphYc

I think it's using a jailbroken iPhone with the akaremote.app.
  • Mcfly

by Mcfly » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:05 am

• dobba

by dobba » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:19 pm

Nice. Will they ever have this out for non-jailbroken iPhones/Touches?
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:13 pm

look for ITM at Silicon Studios at iTunes App store. There is a free Midi lab tester even.
    Works like charm with v.2.01 iPod Touch. (mine is jailbroken, but since this is official dowlload it should work with all)
    Gregg Normal

by Gregg Normal » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:35 pm

yeah works really well and easy to set up.
    gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:00 pm

I can vouch for the iTM app. It is pure awesomeness on par with Modul8. I'm hoping for a few basic feature additions, but I'm sure those will happen in short order. In any case, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has an iPhone/iPod Touch and wants to use that unit in conjunction with Modul8
    DJ G Mint

www.MidwestDJs.com • [url=https://]www.minidj.com[/url]
  • vanakaru
    master

Does anybody able to use OSCemote through OSCulator to map M

by vanakaru » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:30 pm

I have been trying for hours everything without success. What MIDI device(IAC?) M8 is receiving?
  • mannikin
    activ8 member

by mannikin » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:06 pm

Awesome!! Thanks for the heads up on this. I for one don't wanna do any jailbreaking on my iPhone, so this is a great alternative. I wish one day the iPhone will be open to cool apps like the akaremore/i3L combo

J.

vanakaru wrote:look for ITM at Silicon Studios at iTunes App store. There is a free Midi lab tester even.
    Works like charm with v.2.01 iPod Touch. (mine is jailbroken, but since this is official dowlload it should work with all)
    S Y N F O N Y<> S T U D I O S
    powerbook G4 15"
    Tiger / 2GB RAM
    Korg microKontrol
    modul8 V2
    http://www.synfony.com
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:24 am

I use now two iThings with iTM and M8. Only one is jailbroken. Everything works regardless.
    I was hoping for 3L too, but the main problem is that it will not be for firmware 2. But some other development is going on as well. That using OSC protocol, so you need to convert OSC to midi (OSCulator). But it works OK too. M8 has OSC module, but for me it is too confusing to set up. Look at the app store for OSCemote and TouchOSC.
    mrmr is still alive and kicking http://poly.share.dj/projects/#mrmr That allow you to create custom layout. So you can copy M8 look.
    I have just tried others, but iTM is so easy to use out of box, so I have stuck with it.
    BTW iTM has an app PowerKeys that should allow you to map keystrokes in M8 to 16 buttons on iThing. I have not tried it jet though.
  • technomorph
    activ8 member

by technomorph » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Ive got it installed nd working.

But how can you set the layer position via Midi mappingg?

Where do you click?

thnkkk
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:24 pm

What did you got working?
    If iTM then use Pad or Tilt. Look for module L-BTM Mover. Map both X and Y to new (or old) position. And you should be able to move layer around.
  • meiso

by meiso » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:35 am

Could somebody give a step by step set of instructions on how to set this up? I have an iPhone (not jailbroken) and Modul8 but I'm not sure which ITM app to install or how to set it up. Do I have to download the iTouchMIDI application and create a MIDI setup from Modul8 or is there some other way I'm supposed ot go about his.. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

EDIT - I am also using a BCR2000 as a MIDI controller.. Hopefully I can use both that and my iPhone to control my Modul8.

EDIT2 - I installed the ITM Matrix App and I'm Figuring out the interface.. A few things (like 'Flash') don't work.. And I'm not sure how to get set up any faders. If you install the ITM Pad app you'd have to close down the ITM Matrix to use it so I'm not sure how that'll work.. It would be really cool to have an iPHone app that acted like Apple Remote Desktop but I suppose that's on the horizon somewhere! :)
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:20 am

http://itouchmidi.com/?q=node/226
    there you have instructions step by step. and in the forum section you have plenty of good tips as well - even videos. You can have multiple iThings running different apps connected and mapped.
    In Modul8 you set up MIDI as with any other MIDI controller. Matrix will not do anything to the slider in M8 except turn it to max. Tilt and Pad work nice with sliders.
  • vj_ava

by vj_ava » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:21 am

For midi with the iPhone or iPod Touch, I would look into TouchOSC. There are tuts how to make your own templates for the program too.
  • meiso

by meiso » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:14 am

I'm not completely sure but it seems like the TouchOSC layout editor only works for jailbroken iPhones.. Anyways I bought the app and I'm working on configuring it right now. Could you post a link to those tutorials you mentioned?

Thanks!!