Modul8 V2.0 has been released!
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:00 pm

4 wrote:this just took too long, i though i could use it for my gig today, oh well..

Sorry for that.

It is a pretty complicated transition because we have a new licensing schema with new serial numbers, and many different cases : beta testers, new buyers, v1 users, etc. Also during the beta testing, we had to reset the registration database a couple of time for fixing problems. We also received hundred of emails during the last days, slowing down the technical support.

At least we learned a couple of things during this process, and we'll do better for the next udpate.

BTW a couple of days, is not that long... :wink:

Yves.
  • gqmacguy

by gqmacguy » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:57 pm

Yeah, I authorized the 1st beta. So that must be why. Kinda Cool. Thanks
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:14 am

4 wrote:this just took too long, i though i could use it for my gig today, oh well..

Come on dont be so harsh! It was quite timly.

Then again I had Beta 4 to play with in the meantime....
  • audiovisualist

by audiovisualist » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:52 pm

yeah i get the download link and installed the new modul. i have my serial but cannot register.i cant find any registration form. can anybody help me.i need it tomorrow evening. thanks
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:44 pm

audiovisualist wrote:yeah i get the download link and installed the new modul. i have my serial but cannot register.i cant find any registration form. can anybody help me.i need it tomorrow evening. thanks

Be sure to use the serial of the V2.0. If you don't have it, send an email at support[at]garagecube.com with your V1 serial and we'll send you your 2.0 serial.

Yves.
  • stuart
    activ8 member

by stuart » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:06 am

I was a beta tester.

Should I know how to upgrade yet? I think I missed something. Or perhaps I am just impatient.
  • audiovisualist

by audiovisualist » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:34 am

i get a serial of version 2 but after the install i connect me to the internet and launch modul8.the application starts and and run in demo mode. i didnt find any registration form to registrate me.where can i find the registration form in the app.?
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:43 am

Another time: If you did not receive your download link by now, send an email to support[at]garagecube.com with your serial number.

Yves.
    Last edited by yves@garagecube on Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:45 am

audiovisualist wrote:i get a serial of version 2 but after the install i connect me to the internet and launch modul8.the application starts and and run in demo mode. i didnt find any registration form to registrate me.where can i find the registration form in the app.?

Well, the full version does not have a demo mode. The demo and the full version are two different applications. I guess you launched the demo instead of the full version.

Yves.

by Guest » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:28 am

ok, i solved the problem, i installed the programm 4 times again and now a registration form appeared and i registrated me. but i dindt find the problem. but everything will be ok now. thanks
  • demaris

by demaris » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:08 pm

I tried the 2.0 demo last night and found I could not get out of full screen mode with the advertised CMD+esc sequence. Is that expected with the demo? Or does it work for others with either the demo or the unlocked version?
    The problem was seen on a 12" powerbook 1.33, 10.3.6.
    cal6n
    activ8 member

by cal6n » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:06 pm

demaris wrote:I tried the 2.0 demo last night and found I could not get out of full screen mode with the advertised CMD+esc sequence. Is that expected with the demo? Or does it work for others with either the demo or the unlocked version?
    The problem was seen on a 12" powerbook 1.33, 10.3.6.

Not had any problems with this & I've used every version since V1.0

The output menu has "windowed" & "full screen" options if you need them.

by 4 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:40 pm

I was not harsh, akira, i just didnt liked the release dates, those were "vaporware" release dates, obviously the program was not ready to meet the deadlines, im ok with that, but im a very curious person, and being able to install the last av version on my mac was driving me nuts.. So you gotta understand end users too :)

They could say 10th for final release instead of 8, and problems solved hehe ;)

These guys did a great job on m8, and im not complaining, im just expressing what i think, thats all.

good job guys!
  • stuart
    activ8 member

by stuart » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:27 pm

Does any one who was a beta tester actually have the full release of V2 yet?
    chromafresh
    super8 member

by chromafresh » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:31 pm

stuart wrote:Does any one who was a beta tester actually have the full release of V2 yet?

I do. I think a bunch of us do.