how to assign channels in uc-33
  • f8

how to assign channels in uc-33

by f8 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:11 am

im programing mapping my uc-33 with modul8 but i cannot assign differerent presets
    firt i tried the 1 2 3 4 buttons but is not working and in another forum i red i that i can assign diferrent channels so i tried this presing the chanel 2 for example then assign and is still changing me the preset i had in channel 1 can i just can find the right way to do it even with the manual... so how to assign diferent preset channes?
    Please Help .... Thank You!!!
  • lamepantallas
    ultim8 member

by lamepantallas » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:20 pm

you cant. i had the same trouble/doubt...and sadly, you cant.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:47 am

When I use different presets 1234 the same fader/knob will map different addresses.
    So it is possible. You need to map your controls on UC33 to send specific address on four presets first. P01 1/0-32, P02 1/33-63 and so on.

Or you have presets change midi channels.
    So you will send different data to modul8 under different presets. Then you can map the same trigger doing different things in M8.

User Guide page 18-19
    press control select>move controller>press control assign>punch desired number (00-127)
    >press control select>move controller>press channel assign>punch desired number for channel
    >push memory>punch desired number (01, 02, 03... those will be your presets)
    do it with every controller. For preset P02 start again with first controller only now you enter 02 to memory.
    rolin

by rolin » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:25 pm

Try this http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Enigma.html

It makes this mission a lot easier and
    is available for free and Mac & PC.

• vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:33 pm

excellent!
    Last time I looked it was just for PC windows.
    BTW you can enter any garbage on reg. page if you do not want to be on a spam list.
  • f8

by f8 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:21 am

thank you vanakaru and rollin for your answers they are helping now im on the right track but im still not avail to map it

how to send specific adresses on four presets first? ... i understood the next steps that are one by one

and i download enigma and made some how work just some nobs on preset 3 and then trying to map more i turn off my uc 33 is like that all the time in the screen i move something an then come back off again ..... i tried -/+ buttoms but still shows off

and if theres any tips to how map in enigma i see the bank and i can give the numbers to every preset, do i need to use lbs msb or just can be done with channel , # and assign

well i know many question but im new to this and just looks like chinese to me
    thanks for your helping!!