photo-jpeg or other compressions for m8 ?
  • peyman

photo-jpeg or other compressions for m8 ?

by peyman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:19 pm

Hi guyz
    I have a few mini dv movie and i captured them in final cut and used photo-jpeg (hight 80%) as a compression type to make loops for M8 , but the results are big size medias with a poor quality and also make a latency when i change the medias in the layers during the performance . My medias are around 10-40 seconds and sizes are about 50-200 MB .

Please someone tell me what is a better way to compress my mini dv's into ( .mov) which be can play perfect for M8 with out losing quality and latency during the performance :?

My mac system:
    Ver 10.4.11
    processor : 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory : 2GB667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:12 pm

It could be many things, i remember having quality issues from DV material as well. I think you need to deinterlace your media very carefully. One reason may be that you get just one layer of interlaced video for export.
    Try deinterlace your media first (a short example), export it as square pixels Photo- JPG 85%. then do your edit and export Quicktime without change compression.
    It may work, but there may be other solutions.
    I have totally stopped using DV or mpeg formats just because of interlaced video. Even recorded in H264 looks often better than DV re encoded.
  • haseem alam

Re: photo-jpeg or other compressions for m8 ?

by haseem alam » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:26 am

Hi guyz
    I have a few mini dv movie and i captured them in final cut and used photo-jpeg (hight 80%) as a compression type to make loops for M8 , but the results are big size medias with a poor quality and also make a latency when i change the medias in the layers during the performance . My medias are around 10-40 seconds and sizes are about 50-200 MB .

Please someone tell me what is a better way to compress my mini dv's into ( .mov) which be can play perfect for M8 with out losing quality and latency during the performance :?

My mac system:
    Ver 10.4.11
    processor : 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory : 2GB667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    You can deinterlace your media and exporting as square pixels Photo-JPG 85% for better quality for that you can compress you through online application such as jpeg optimizer and performance in M8