Modul8 Video Capture Compatibilty List
  • R-e-R

by R-e-R » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:51 pm

i have the pinnacle dazzle dvc 130...installed video glide...but in m8 2.6 capture preferances video glide is in the list, but greyed out...does this mean my device is not compliant with with videoglide and or modul8?
    should i just get the easycap?
    thanks this thread was a great read and info source.

update:
    i found a device that works...startech svid2usb2..with video glide...i had that device for my pc lappy and got the dazzle for the mac...but with video glide the startech one works on both...bye to the dazzle:O)
    the grabee software for the startech unit that comes withit is shite tho and i need to find something to use on pc for capturing my av sets, any ideas? is there video glide for pc maybe?
    i may just get a blackmagic card for capturing hq av sets i guess, but really wanna do a demo now:O(
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:34 pm

R-e-R wrote:i have the pinnacle dazzle dvc 130...installed video glide...but in m8 2.6 capture preferances video glide is in the list, but greyed out...does this mean my device is not compliant with with videoglide and or modul8?
    should i just get the easycap?
    thanks this thread was a great read and info source.

update:
    i found a device that works...startech svid2usb2..with video glide...i had that device for my pc lappy and got the dazzle for the mac...but with video glide the startech one works on both...bye to the dazzle:O)
    the grabee software for the startech unit that comes withit is shite tho and i need to find something to use on pc for capturing my av sets, any ideas? is there video glide for pc maybe?
    i may just get a blackmagic card for capturing hq av sets i guess, but really wanna do a demo now:O(

did you know that when you find a device working with videoglide that has not been listed before you get one license free.
  • R-e-R

by R-e-R » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:28 pm

i did see that offer, but the device i listed was on their list already.
  • R-e-R

by R-e-R » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:51 am

hey, i stumbled upon this solution today which looks very intriguing, maybe you should have a look and give somme feedback on what you think about it. http://www.motu.com/video-products/hdx-sdi/
    its only 850.00 found here:
    http://www.markertek.com/Interface-Solutions/Video-Interface/SDI-Interface/Motu/HDX-SDI-WITH-PCIE-CARD.xhtml
    can someone from garagecube please determine if these would be compatible with m8...also check out the v4hd on motu's site which is a firewire capture solution
    cheers, and thank you
    david
    garageCube team

by david » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Hello R-e-R,

from the Motu website, it seems to have only "drivers" for Final Cut Pro.

Modul8 uses QuickTime vdig/SequenceGrabber API to get video from capture devices.

So I would say that the MOTU HDX-SDI will not work with Modul8.

Regards.

David.

PS: I asked MOTU about the technical details. I will keep you posted.
    David * GarageCUBE team * Modul8 developer
  • R-e-R

by R-e-R » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:39 am

david wrote:Hello R-e-R,

from the Motu website, it seems to have only "drivers" for Final Cut Pro.

Modul8 uses QuickTime vdig/SequenceGrabber API to get video from capture devices.

So I would say that the MOTU HDX-SDI will not work with Modul8.

Regards.

David.
    PS: I asked MOTU about the technical details. I will keep you posted.

thanks for the info.
    i did get a response back from motu today stating that yes indeed the hdx-sdi so far only has drivers for fcp on the mac so this unit is a definate NO GO for modul8(for now).

my decision is to get the decklink studio card from blackmagic which seems to be a decent card for 700.00....im assuming this will work with M8 from the info provided in the OP of this thread.
    can someone who has used this card please give feedback as to how it performs and if their are any issues i should be concerned about with it.
    regards, R-e-R
  • bIRDS

yess

by bIRDS » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:02 am

I'm also thinking about a blackmagic card, but I need 2 inputs with no latency into a MacPro (early 2009), so, I was thinking about 2 blackmagic Intensity Pro, will this work together?? will modul8 recognize both of them? or do I have to use different models on same computer, like one intensity pro, and one decklink sdi?
  • Grovenstien

by Grovenstien » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:34 am

Also doesnt work is the Elgato capture card :evil:
  • rafidean

by rafidean » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:54 pm

argh! i should have read this before going out to buy the only Mac compatible video capture device I could find!

this Elgato Video Capture dongle is now useless for me, tried everything and it just doesn't work. The only workaround is to use the v002 Screen Capture quartz composer plugin. But even that doesn't show up in Modul8. It does work in VDMX. I might have to install an additonal plugin to make it work.

damn. now to offload this Elgato and get a proper one.

Does the Blackmagic Design Video Recorder work? http://www.blackmagic-design.com/produc ... orecorder/
    Carlos.Leyva

About video capture...???

by Carlos.Leyva » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:41 am

in short, I would like to know the best way to capture video Modul8 because many people gave their point of view, I have a "macbook pro" and I want to capture a video, which brand or what kind I should be more .. dazzle, kworld, ezcap?? but has no latency .... because I am currently working with a firewire video capture but I have a delay of approximately 0.8 seconds .. and not seen as real time video ... thanks if someone could help me!!
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:39 am

I have not tested this myself, but from reading about the topic I think DSLR camera (like Canon 5D, 550, Nikon) HDMI out to Matrox MXO Mini with Express Card to MBP.
    More realistic setup would be TheImagingSource FW capture adapter doing uncompressed using good 3ccd security cam with good lens.
    We get good reiews copturing uncompressed with XLR8 ProView http://beta.vjcentral.com/hardware/xlr8-pro-view-usb
    Inexpensive, but VERY low latency (few frames really) Sony SP3 USB cam rather nice quality at 640x480. I have it and am pretty impressed.
    I am pretty happy with my EasyCap USB dongle and quality security cam with Pentax lenses. Latency is about half second or less.
    Carlos.Leyva

Video capture

by Carlos.Leyva » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:01 am

Thank you very much for the contribution, then, what would be most useful to me is a "pro XLR8 View or EasyCap" low latency both, because I have 4 mini cameras with BNC output.

My idea is to put the 4 mini cameras to a video switcher, and then put the switcher to Modul8, because I want to put graphics on my video capture (cameras) and manipulate everything in the computer, I hope to achieve this with any of these devices with low latency ...

Again thank you very much for your contribution and that of other!!
  • Barbara11

by Barbara11 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:17 am

Thanks for info, but I prefer Macvide ScreenCap ) This prog is very good, it helps me a lot ))It captures and records anything you can see on your screen to image, video or flash.
  • diez54
    activ8 member

by diez54 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:41 pm

I would get a video signal from another computer with this case has, someone has already tested whether this card supports Modul8

http://www.epiphan.com/products/frame-grabbers/vga2usb/

Thanks for your support
  • axiomriddler

easycap dc60+

by axiomriddler » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:54 pm

lotech wrote:Yeah I just picked up a DC60+ for $US29, it arrived I plugged it, videoglide installed works perfectly below 1sec latency. The is some latency still there but much better than any DV input.
    Once thing have still to deal with though is the interlacing, the freeframe plugin works but seems to dip the luminance and soften the image. Is there another option people use?

i just tried easycap dc60+ v3.1b, but i can't get it work. quicktime & videoglide didn't detect it (they only detect isight), but system profiler shows that usb video capture device is present with this information:

Product ID: 0x0408
    Vendor ID: 0x05e1
    Version: 0.05
    Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
    Manufacturer: Syntek Semiconductor
    Location ID: 0xfd130000
    Current Available (mA): 500
    Current Required (mA): 500

is that the right chip? any suggestion/solution?
    thanks