Modul8 Video Capture Compatibilty List
  • Lupin
    garageCube team

by Lupin » Wed May 18, 2011 11:25 am

Does anyone has tried the Blackmagic H.264 Pro Recorder with modul8?
    http://www.blackmagic-design.com/produc ... techspecs/
    Gael Abegg Gauthey (former known as Lupin)
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/abegg-gauthey/
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Sat May 28, 2011 7:01 am

I've just been having a play with an iOS app called PocketCam, and once you install the client app, it adds a quicktime source. Modul8 sees the input although I had a couple of crashes when accessing the video sources preferences.
    Output is only 320x240 and about 15fps but could be a good in the future.

http://www.senstic.com/iphone/aircam/aircam.aspx
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Sat May 28, 2011 8:32 am

Lupin wrote:Does anyone has tried the Blackmagic H.264 Pro Recorder with modul8?
    http://www.blackmagic-design.com/produc ... techspecs/

This looks like Pro and HD version of their previous capture dongle. And that one did not allow live capture to anything but proprietary software for recording.
  • djpixel

Re: easycap dc60+

by djpixel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:55 am

I got same case, wondering if we ordered a fake one...

From Easycap website:
    We express our reget for the consumbers who have bought the copied models, and we also registered and used our new Brand "EzCAP",at the same time, we have stopped producing all of the series of "EasyCAP" products, Then it shows if any "EasyCAP" products sold in the market are copied models, To Guarantee your interest, Please do learn "EzCAP" NOT "EasyCAP", and to guarantee the shop where you buy sold products produced from our company, It is because there may be some illegal person will copy "EzCAP" again, to avoid the copied models, if you find someone who copies our products, please do contact with us in a short time, we will accuse the illegal person of this.

axiomriddler wrote:
    lotech wrote:Yeah I just picked up a DC60+ for $US29, it arrived I plugged it, videoglide installed works perfectly below 1sec latency. The is some latency still there but much better than any DV input.
    Once thing have still to deal with though is the interlacing, the freeframe plugin works but seems to dip the luminance and soften the image. Is there another option people use?

i just tried easycap dc60+ v3.1b, but i can't get it work. quicktime & videoglide didn't detect it (they only detect isight), but system profiler shows that usb video capture device is present with this information:

Product ID: 0x0408
    Vendor ID: 0x05e1
    Version: 0.05
    Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
    Manufacturer: Syntek Semiconductor
    Location ID: 0xfd130000
    Current Available (mA): 500
    Current Required (mA): 500

is that the right chip? any suggestion/solution?
    thanks

Hope someone give me answer.
  • FROGSTAR

by FROGSTAR » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:51 am

Does anyone know if the Mark of the Unicorn HD express would work to get an hdmi signal into my macbookpro ?

Here is a link... Thankyou for anyone helping me with this..

http://www.motu.com/video-products/hd-express-hdmi/
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:11 pm

From the Motu site:
    "Do you require high-performance desktop operation? The HD Express is available with PCI Express card connectivity for today’s ultra-fast, multi-core Mac and PC towers. Need to go mobile? The HD Express is also available with an ExpressCard adapter for any current-generation Mac or Windows laptop equipped with an ExpressCard slot."

This means that if you have a ExpressCard slot on your MBP then yes. On the last few generations of MBPs only the 17" models have had a Express card slot. The other ones got stuck with an SD card slot.

If you have Thunderbolt you could wait for this box to hit the shops: http://www.magma.com/090711_ExpressBox3T.asp which will make it possible to hook up the Motu.

But then again if you have a Thunderbolt port you might as well buy something faster as the upcoming Ultra Studio 3D from Blackmagic. I think AJA has something coming too.
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Blackmagic just announced a cheap hd capture option in the thunderbolt based Intensity Extreme. $US299, Hdmi and analogue in/out. Could be the one.
    http://www.blackmagic-design.com/produc ... ty/models/
  • ilan

Re: Modul8 v2.5.8+ Video Capture Compatibilty List

by ilan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Testing the subscribe to topic.
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:37 am

Added some new devices - with one being the Blackmagic Ultrastudio 3D which uses thunderbolt for its connection. A big flaw is the current version only has a single thunderbolt port. This unfortunately forces a MacMini to be your computer and you'll also need a 27" Thunderbolt display to get 2 outputs while still having the Ultrastudio connected.
    I've done some testing today and had 720P50 running perfectly into Modul8 on the Mini. As the Mini only has 256mb of VRAM this causes a bottleneck at higher resolutions. When I ran the Ultrastudio into a i7 MacBookPro with 1GB VRAM I could receive a perfect 1080P50 feed - the only problem - no spare display port to actually get the video to a larger screen.

Also had a test on the Blackmagic TV Studio mixer which has a USB2 h264 encoder on it - no luck getting it to Modul8 as it doesn't use Quicktime for capture. This assumably goes for their h264 mini converter too.
  • vanakaru
    master

Matrox MXO2 Mini analog capture.

by vanakaru » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:31 am

This device has been listed for some time. Here is a small review of mine.

So I got this gadget finally. Mainly I was hoping to capture second MBP DVI output into my main MBP for further manipulation/mixing.
    It sure does that but has a nice surprise also.
    First you need to make sure you box has latest firmware installed. When you download and install software you get the option to do that. It makes the connections more stable than you see on this video made 2 years ago
    http://vimeo.com/6021703
    Then the box works the best (at least with my MBPs 4.1 early 2009) when you choose 720p 50 YVC 8bit everywhere you can in Preferences. I tried with Isadora, Modul8, Quicktime. The result is quit satisfactory. Better than any other option I ever tried. The only problem with my hardware is that on the MBP I capture from I can choose very limited output resolution - only TV formats. And this seems to interlace the output signal. Maybe it is not so but I see some scanlines on my main MBP. But again the quality is way better than anything else I have seen.
    I tested the DSLR capture as well (Pentax K-5 HDMI out 720) and it works good.
    The most surprising result was the excellent quality of analog video capture. I used my good quality 1/3 CCD 520TV lines security cam with different lenses. Picture quality is great and since we can capture uncompressed 422 the latency is about 1-2 frames. I tried lip-sync running through Modul8 and it is more than acceptable.
    CPU usage is about 50% if you just capture live.
    So for live capture analog video (S-video) I got better result off my camera than I have never seen before - both picture quality(detail) and latency.
    Great product, very useful also for HD output.
    For footnote: I do not know how well Thunderbolt connector is designed but Expresscard adapter needs some kind of harness to secure it into your MBP. Even slight movement disconnects the card and you need to restart your app to reconnect. But that is the fault on Apple side.
  • ilan

by ilan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:34 am

That rudimentary poster was a spam bot so the post and the user have been removed.
  • Magik Entertainment

by Magik Entertainment » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:59 am

Hello. I just bought an Epiphan Systems DVI frame grabber.

http://www.epiphan.com/products/dvi-fra ... /dvi2pcie/

Apparently for some reason it didnt work properly with modul8, has anyone used it? Its seems to be a reliable video grabber and i use it in my mac pro but during a very important show that i had tonight my computer didnt work properly and the first software to shut down was modul8. Can anyone help me? WHICH IS REALLY THE BEST DVI VIDEO GRABBER TO BE USED WITH MODUL8?
  • hubert006

by hubert006 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Hello,

I bought MBP 17', and now i looking for good capture card. Do you think that, MXO2 LE MAX is good choise? I need this to capture video from profesional cams, sometimes anather MBP. Some time i woudl like capture signal from video mixer like Edirol, and that is posible with MBP and MXO2? What quality i can get, frames/s, resolution, delay?
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:38 pm

As long as you get the ExpressCard/34 model (so your thunderbolt port is free to output video) you should be fine.
  • piratessbri

by piratessbri » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:18 am

Hello folks! Recently purchased the Black Magic Intensity extreme and got it to work beautifully with Modul8. Only problem is I need to use the Mini Display Port to output to a projector and since the Black Magic device doesn't have a daisy chain output (wtf?) I was stumped. But then I saw the Lacie eSata Hub with Thunderbolt on the Apple Store website, has anyone had any luck with that? Basically the projector has to be the end of the chain, and so does the Black Magic device.

I was thinking of coming out of the Lacie via thunderbolt to the projector and then using the Esata port to a Sonnet eSata-thunderbolt adapter to the Black Magic Intensity.

Theoretically would it work? I just wish there was like a splitter or something!