Hi,

What are the new features of 2.6 ?

Cheers!
    Image . . . . Image
  • ilan

by ilan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:52 pm

They are roughly littered throughout the following post:

http://www.garagecube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4087

But I can't really expose them all quite yet. The beta should be here soon and then we can all dig our teeth into the feature set and give it a good pacing.
  • jockety
    activ8 member

by jockety » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:17 pm

I realize that it's probably too late for wishes but, it would be quite cool if all open modules could be set to a seperate "space" within leopard's "spaces" function. I find screen space a bit lacking sometimes. Just a thought.
  • ilan

by ilan » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:55 am

That's tricky because of the following scenario that occurs when you use modul8 in one space and then switch to another space. The output window disappears. What that means is that the way spaces work is that the space changes for your main screen and your secondary screens as well. This would require modul8 to circumvent this issue in some way.

A more elegant approach that is slated for the distant future is to rein in the messiness of the module system. I don't think we will take away the option of having a floating window but we will want to balance that somehow with other options so that you have a choice in the matter.
    gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:18 am

ilan wrote:That's tricky because of the following scenario that occurs when you use modul8 in one space and then switch to another space. The output window disappears. What that means is that the way spaces work is that the space changes for your main screen and your secondary screens as well. This would require modul8 to circumvent this issue in some way.

A more elegant approach that is slated for the distant future is to rein in the messiness of the module system. I don't think we will take away the option of having a floating window but we will want to balance that somehow with other options so that you have a choice in the matter.

Personally, this would be one of my biggest requests. I really think that any performance driven software like Modul8 should have a fullscreen view as an option, at the very least. The last thing I want to do is accidentally switch to the finder or some other application with an accidental click...
    DJ G Mint

www.MidwestDJs.com • [url=https://]www.minidj.com[/url]
  • jockety
    activ8 member

by jockety » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:31 am

The output window disappears. What that means is that the way spaces work is that the space changes for your main screen and your secondary screens as well. This would require modul8 to circumvent this issue in some way.

Yes, i noticed that issue with the main output to display 2. I tried spaces as soon as i got leopard hoping to be able to switch between ableton live and modul8. I found a compromise in putting modul8 on all spaces and ableton just on 1. When i switch to ableton it appears above any modules but not over the main overview modul8 window.
    Personally i love the floating windows. The only thing i dont like about them is that the minimize/collapse functions cant be mapped to key or midi. This might be usefull to map the same key to all moduls currently in view say.
    Maybe there's a different virtual desktop system out there that would sort this issue out?
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:45 am

For performance purposes it's probably best to just disable spaces and use the good ol' tab + command key to switch between ableton and m8.

In general while performing its common sense to run only what you need.
  • b1w7m5lwb4

re: 2.6-if you make dates you can't keep, you won't get laid

by b1w7m5lwb4 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:42 am

Ah, just in time to make frenzied last-minute changes for the northern hemishphere summer festival season. Or not? 'No news' is preferable to 'bad news'. Someone had to say it.
    Anome
    activ8 member

by Anome » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:03 am

Hi,

Is there any news about the next version of Modul8 ?
    Do we need to pay an extra fee for this release ?

Cheers.
    Image . . . . Image
  • glancer

by glancer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:16 pm

they seem to have not enough manpower anymore ...
    the rumour ist, that boris has left the company.
    so we have to wait a bit longer for the update ...
  • b1w7m5lwb4

by b1w7m5lwb4 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:31 pm

now now kids, don't start the rumor-mongering. I just am salivating for DMX control, can't afford more hardware, and am being annoying. Modul8 is still easily the best VJ application out there, with the finest support. They take a lot of brainless complaining (including my own), and still deliver. Maybe this thread should be moved to the lounge or something, but it is about what's happening with the announced update, which hasn't really been answered. Can you imagine how badly people would 'flip their sh*t' if, say, an announced Logic update was 4 months late?

And quit asking if .x updates will have to be purchased. "X." updates are the ones you buy, ".x" updates are updates of what you've already bought. This is fairly common to software, as far as i know, witch is not all that damned much.
    Last edited by b1w7m5lwb4 on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • ilan

by ilan » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:57 pm

I can confirm that Boris has not left the company.
    gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:50 pm

Any updates on this subject?
    DJ G Mint

www.MidwestDJs.com • [url=https://]www.minidj.com[/url]
  • ilan

by ilan » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:23 am

As you know we are experiencing some delays with this one. We hope to have a beta out before the end of the summer. At the moment it is internally seeded to the team. We are also testing compatibility with Snow Leopard.