Modul8 v2.6 release coming?
    lotech
    ultim8 member

Modul8 v2.6 release coming?

by lotech » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:21 am

Hi Guys
    In the December newsletter you said there would be a release of V2.6 at the end of the first quarter of 2009. Inevitably someone (me) was going to post a message asking how its going and if we should be getting excited or stop visiting the site every second day hoping for news.
    So hows its going? huh? huh?
    VjKg
    super8 member

Re: Modul8 v2.6 release coming?

by VjKg » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:31 am

lotech wrote: visiting the site every second day hoping for news.

I recommend checking every day like I do. You don't want to be the last to know.
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:27 pm

You can RSS the modul8 blog to get the news hot off the presses. :)
  • b1w7m5lwb4

Re: Modul8 v2.6 release coming?

by b1w7m5lwb4 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:09 pm

You can RSS the modul8 blog to get the news hot off the presses. Smile

Which this so clearly is not.

Ask no questions, you'll be told no lies.
  • ilan

It will be worthy

by ilan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:18 pm

We also post a notice here on the forum of course as well as the newsletter. Owners of a license of modul8 they will be informed via our user mailing list. If they have never received such an email please inform us so that I can make sure they do receive the notification about the upgrade when it arrives.
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:25 pm

Sure, and I do follow the blog for interesting news - but 2.5.8 didn't get announced there so I generally stick to the forums more regular news.
    Back to my original question - will it be sooner or later for a new version?
    liquidvision

by liquidvision » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:21 am

I'm I the only one confused here? I thought that today was the last day of Q1 2009?

Perhaps if you acknowledged that it really might be Q2, we might not be checking the site so eagerly....

Perhaps it's just a "technicality" but we've been kind of counting down here. I know it can be difficult to pinpoint a software update release date, but if you say Q1, we get our hopes up.

There are a few minutes left in my time zone, at least.

Hey, this isn't an April Fool's prank is it?
    VjKg
    super8 member

by VjKg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:01 am

Please do not release until at least next week some time. I am very short on funds right now!

BTW those who are checking it is still not out.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:12 pm

I do not want to be sarcastic here, but do you remember the last major upgrade. This was promised again and again over a year or so. I would not hope anything -the less count on. Current version works mostly OK. Yes it is bit boring without a new toy and Christmas was just few month ago. But you could check out the other apps that change more rapidly mean while. VDMX, Isadora, even Resolume.
    liquidvision

by liquidvision » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:53 pm

"We are pleased to announce that we will be releasing modul8 v2.6 in the 1st quarter of 2009." (December 29, 2008: [Modul8-announcement] Modul8 wishes you a Happy New Year in 2009!)

liquidvision

by liquidvision » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:04 pm

So I've checked out 2.6 for a few minutes now, and all I can say is... "Wow!"

garageCUBE has really outdone themselves this time! Frankly, I didn't expect such a drastic change with a seemingly minor "2.x" update. Why not make this 3.0 and charge big bucks for it?

Looks like it has been well worth the wait, folks.

A few things I've noticed so far:

New color scheme and layout. Am I the only one who's gotten bored with the old black & blue with orange look? Kind of like beat-up citrus? I'm a big fan of chartreuse, and the CMYK option is killer. I think us stage lighting folks will appreciate the blending options.

User definable media grid up to 64x64!!!!!!! (What else do I need to say? This alone is worth the price of admission.)

Multiple video I/O via USB, Firewire, and Wifi. I'm impressed. I tried a quick setup with 5 logitech cameras all hooked up to a signal USB hub and just created the part-time Security Guard's VJ dream. I can now do multiple camera angles at near feature film quality, and latency seems non-existent.

Built in visual generators. I'd say these are roughly on par with iTunes 1.0, but hopefully more updates are in the works on this feature.

I also see a menu item for DMX I/O, but I haven't figured out how it works yet, but I'm already impressed.

This is a great way to start off a new month. Thanks!

Anyone else find any goodies?
  • meiso

by meiso » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Rickrolling is so 2008... :roll:
    liquidvision

by liquidvision » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:52 pm

Way to spoil an April Fool's thread there, buddy.
  • meiso

by meiso » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:12 pm

Way to come up with an original April Fool's Day joke there buddy.
  • ilan

(in)formal response

by ilan » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:21 pm

All I can say is... thanks for the link. It has brought back memories (ooups... am I really that old?)

But seriously folks. We are (obviously) slipping with the date promised and it may take us a bit longer then we expected.

Please be patient. The boys are working extra hard to make this worth your while. We do need to give the installed base a beta taste/test first and then in due time we will be looking at a final release.