Soft edge blending WHEN?????
    gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:13 am

vanakaru wrote:
    pls wrote:ok.. getting more and more off topic.. but it seems this could get something like a wishlist..

so could it be possible to have a manual midi mapping?
    selecting a parameter and typing the prefered midi value in by hand?

could be much easier than filtering single messages by OSCulator or midipipe..

Exactly!!!
    I think M8 would need clear and simple MIDI mapping tool where we could choose multiple MIDI devices to map to different controls. This blind work leads to frustration too often.

Be careful what you ask for! I use Traktor as my DJ software and it's had MIDI mapping that works similar to this from the outset. Yet, people on that forum are constantly asking for MIDI mapping that works like Modul8 (actually, like Ableton Live, but the concept is the same) because the Traktor setup is very time consuming. Note that I'm not advocating one way or the other, just pointing out that this seems like a "grass is always greener on the other side" scenario...
    DJ G Mint

www.MidwestDJs.com • [url=https://]www.minidj.com[/url]
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:14 am

Timeline down the road. Yes. We have heard this.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:26 pm

gmint wrote:
    vanakaru wrote:
    Exactly!!!
    I think M8 would need clear and simple MIDI mapping tool where we could choose multiple MIDI devices to map to different controls. This blind work leads to frustration too often.

Be careful what you ask for! I use Traktor as my DJ software and it's had MIDI mapping that works similar to this from the outset. Yet, people on that forum are constantly asking for MIDI mapping that works like Modul8 (actually, like Ableton Live, but the concept is the same) because the Traktor setup is very time consuming. Note that I'm not advocating one way or the other, just pointing out that this seems like a "grass is always greener on the other side" scenario...

It is a good point. I agree that M8 has really fast and the EASYEST midi mapping procedure to map on the fly. But for advanced setups would be nice to have that option I was talking obout.
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:02 pm

The point is that both kinds of mapping are useful. Currently it's not possible to use something like the touch pad of a Kaoss pad as a MIDI controller for MD8 because of the lack of manual mapping.
    eyeborg

wishlist...

by eyeborg » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:42 pm

maybe this is the wrong place for wishes, but here are mine:
    1. i would love it if the X and Y layer rotation knobs worked like the Z one, so they snap into place at 90 degrees as well as 180. i need this all the time!

2. in the matrix transformer, i wish the resize button was unchecked by default. it stretches my media and it always looks bad, always have to click on it.

3. i wish the animation fx were always set to random and not smooth or whatever. i realise everyone has a different tastes here, so maybe that would be something to set in preferences.

4. i'd love a random feature for the auto rotate too, not sure how, but maybe a slider like the strobe one.

otherwise, i love love love love love m8 and use it every week.

grete x
    eyeborg.co.uk
  • parkery

by parkery » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:18 am

How do i bull nose the edge of my granite tile after it has been installed? My installer didn't bull nose the 12x12 squares before installing them and i fired him for other reasons b4 he could attempt to take the edge off the granite.
    Last edited by parkery on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
    gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:33 pm

parkery wrote:How do i bull nose the edge of my granite tile after it has been installed? My installer didn't bull nose the 12x12 squares before installing them and i fired him for other reasons b4 he could attempt to take the edge off the granite.

This post is hilarious. You didn't even bother to get any context regarding this forum before posting. It's not about tiling man, it's about VJing.

Oh, and you can't do a good job of bullnosing tiles after they've been installed. They come from the factory that way. I've got a 1000% guarantee that they'll look like crap if you try to do it yourself.
    DJ G Mint

www.MidwestDJs.com • [url=https://]www.minidj.com[/url]
    tdog
    super8 member

by tdog » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:12 pm

ilan wrote:There will be some time before this will be ready. We want to be sure that the implementation we will make will be satisfactory.

For now if you are using modul8 there are some very good custom solutions for producing soft edge.

http://www.modul8.us/2009/03/soft-edge- ... ad2go.html

link gets me 404 not found.

tdog
  • ilan

by ilan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Sorry about that. HQ modified the blog and all links were changed to numerical.

http://www.modul8.us/?p=71
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:59 am

Ugh! Changing back to numreric links is so bad for so many reasons (SEO being one of them and not reaching old posted links being the obvious one). Never change links without making references to the old ones. HQ needs some web help!!!
  • bimer

by bimer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:16 pm

useful for me, thanks
  • Vibber
    super8 member

Re: wishlist...

by Vibber » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:44 pm

eyeborg wrote:2. in the matrix transformer, i wish the resize button was unchecked by default. it stretches my media and it always looks bad, always have to click on it.

Goddammit! 5 years with Modul8 and I never noticed the resize button. Thank you :-D
  • ilan

Re: Soft edge blending WHEN?????

by ilan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Back on topic on this very long thread...

http://blendy.studioavante.com/