Problem synchronizing multiple computer
  • retake7

Problem synchronizing multiple computer

by retake7 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:05 am

Hello, i m doing a project with multiple computers connected with OSC.
    I have a problem because my videos are unsync after a while. I use 2 mac book pro and max/msp. my compression is in H264. And my videos last for one hour...
    Thanks for your reply

retake7
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:03 pm

I really don't see how you'd keep the videos in synch when they're an hour long!
    You'd need some sort of timecode on the videos.
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:42 pm

it's really hard to keep videos synched… I did a project with 3 video projectors and three videos overlayed with the projector, they were triggered at the same time using a module on three different layers. after 2 or 3 loops, they started to get 1 or 2 frames difference… So Imagine with different computers… even if they are all exactly the same model with the same configuration, I think you won't be able to have all perfectly synched.

What you can try is to have short clips and resynch (re-trigger) the clips once in a while…
  • skipzone88

by skipzone88 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:52 pm

I had this problem. I used an external midi sequencer to re-trigger videos on the 2 macs before QT's on each machine began to drift.

QT has timecode embedded into it. we need a module to read the timecode and allow sequencing triggering from within M8.
    DIGITAL VIDEO PROCESSING depuis 1988
  • retake7

No more real problems

by retake7 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Now I have two laptop macbook pro new generation 8 gb Ram, and the latency is really thin.... Even with an 4 Go video loaded