touch osc layout for ipad w/o osculator
  • Lupin
    garageCube team

by Lupin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:08 pm

Since last year (happy birthday iPad) I have been performing all my live sets with TouchOSC w/ Osculator and everything is very stable.

Some keywords are sent directly in OSC from TouchOSC to Modul8, some are redirected in MIDI from OSculator and keyboard shortcuts that are not in the keyboard mapping, such as workspace shortcuts are also managed by Osculator.

I always run a local wifi network and I never had any problems with the OSC module.

I even controlled 3 computers running Modul8 with an iPad + Touch OSC+osculator+OSC module+Network module. Pretty neat isn't it? and the signal/response was quick. I currently don't have the time to do a video about that but I'll do it for sure in the near future.
    Gael Abegg Gauthey (former known as Lupin)
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/abegg-gauthey/
  • Tango & Cie - Michel

by Tango & Cie - Michel » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Lupin wrote:I have been performing all my live sets with TouchOSC w/ Osculator and everything is very stable.

Happy man you are... and I am still looking for a good ready done Osculator layout for JazzT's TouchOSC template...

No problems with my 5 comps+Modul8+Network module, but... I confirm I can't get stability of the OSC module and I get crazyier and crazyier fighting with Osculator :cry:

Any help, ladies'n gentlemen?
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Can you be more specific about the problems you are experiencing with OSC module? Are you receiving errors? Are you having trouble configuring it?
  • Tango & Cie - Michel

by Tango & Cie - Michel » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:49 pm

ilan wrote:Can you be more specific about the problems you are experiencing with OSC module? Are you receiving errors? Are you having trouble configuring it?

Fine!

Well: I open any M8 project, active the OSC module (the "listening" part only). Any progresive knob (fader, rotary...) I press on my Ipad works on my computer till I release it: then the comp's one goes to zero.
    No error message, and except the port (which is OK) and the IP (which fixes alone), I don't find any configuration to set. By precaution, I also cleared the old Midi mapping (useless, I guess).

(When activing the feedback part, the main screen irremediably becomes blue, but I didn't seek further that way).
    By the way, JazzT's template is really goood ;-)
  • VJ LEMONX

by VJ LEMONX » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:36 am

There is free template for Ipad TouchOSC for driving MODULE8

https://rapidshare.com/files/457908743/ ... MODUL8.zip