Projector
  • mikdog

Projector

by mikdog » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi,

So I used Modul8 for a New Year's gig. Was epic - well, my screen resolution got bumped down so hectically that I couldn't see what the output was. Luckily I could change that without affecting the output screen so my few minutes of panic came to an end and all was dandy. Phew. When you're on stage in front of thousands of people and you hit a technical glitch, it does suck.

What I'd like to know - I'm looking to get a projector for live gigs. Anyone know anything good about these? Maybe an LED screen or something new-fangled is available? Anybosy know of anything cool for projectors/live VJ visuals/what's a good setup?

Thanks,

Mike
    birdiedaboy

Re: Projector

by birdiedaboy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:01 pm

hey mann, so what kind of hardware did you end up getting? could you please share your experience, I`m looking on buying some projectors but not sure which ones should I go for?
    Repeat after me: I am free
  • mikdog

Re: Projector

by mikdog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:07 am

i got a pretty standard VGA projector. Can't remember what it was. Works pretty well. Was a middle-of-the-line thaing, I got what my budget allowed me to at the time, second-hand thing, I somehow think it was 4000 lumens or something, not quite sure now, but works pretty well for small gigs.

If you have the bucks I'd get some LED screens. Man, those things rock and you don't have the hassle of a projector shining into you.

Lemme know what you end up getting.

I got a basic music stand for sheet music, turned it to 90 degrees, got some bungee cord things, and tied the projector onto the flat piece. So I had a stand for it that could be angled. I got a 10m VGA cable, plugged into laptop, plug in and go. Whammie.

Don't think I need anything brighter than that for my use, unless I'm going for projecting onto the side of a building or something.

We're a 2-piece electro-band that plays in clubs. If its a major club, one time they had their own massive LCD screens that I plugged into which was cool.