Forget the manual - time for a Modul8 Wiki?
    lotech
    ultim8 member

Forget the manual - time for a Modul8 Wiki?

by lotech » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:56 am

It would be great if you guys turned the manual in to a user contributable wiki. There are a lot of features that either no or very little mention in the manual.
    I'd be keen to include things that we've all posted here or know from experience.

I know the manual is a low priority (hence it still being based on v2.5) so this would make more sense then ever.
    VjKg
    super8 member

by VjKg » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:05 am

I think this is a great idea. I have been using Modul8 for 6 years. I am constantly finding new (new to me) features via posts on the site. I willingly admit I have never seriously looked at the manual. In my opinion a wiki manual is a great idea. Even though Modul8, IMHO, is the best visual software under $5000. A user contributed wiki manual with modules included would go a long way to showing the world how awesome and extensible Modul8 really is.

My vote is yes, besides it would give me somewhere else to post online when my infant son taking his naps and I can't leave the house.
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:02 pm

. i'll add a 'yes' to a user wiki

. i've got all sorts of little code pieces that could be of use to people looking to do various tasks that don't really warrant a complete module

. we could definitely improve on the 'how to program' part of the manual :D

-james
    (a nomad. )
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Indeed!
  • ilan

by ilan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:51 pm

It is definitely on the to do list here. That said, there is nothing that would prevent any of you from creating one independently. As per my role I would do everything in my power to promote it seeing as there are a lot of folks who use Modul8 that do not visit the forums regularly.
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:01 am

I'd happily do it but I think it would be better if the wiki was part of Garagecube.
    You could/should just do the basics - setup a subdomain like manual.modul8.us, install wiki, stick a default skin on there for now and let the rest of us add the content.
  • ilan

by ilan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:16 pm

I agree. The blog is actually hosted on my own server so this is possible. I'll post here about it as soon as it is up.
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:21 am

ilan wrote:I agree. The blog is actually hosted on my own server so this is possible. I'll post here about it as soon as it is up.

. i've always liked http://wikkawiki.org/HomePage - mysql based wiki w/o a lot of overhead. i've made some custom 'actions' and tweaks to it for my work documentation wiki

. i'll volunteer to help in any way i can

-james
    (a nomad. )