64 Bit
    pele2010
    ultim8 member

Re: 64 Bit

by pele2010 » Tue May 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi james,

what´s the name of the "programming modules" i can´t find a module that relates to that ?

would be great to know ....

thanxs

pele2010

anomad wrote:
    bareimage wrote:.... no ability to do generative art...

. have you tried programming modules using the painter functions (not the Painter module) ? rects, ovals, lines - all the basics... and you can even throw free frame effects on them as well !
    www.instagram.com/pele2010/
    #eachfilm01
    #pele2010
    Act without doing; work without effort. Think of the small as large and the few as many. Confront the difficult while it is still easy;
    accomplish the great task by a series of small acts.
    www.eachfilm.de
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Tue May 22, 2012 4:26 pm

He was actually asking if you ever tried to code a module yourself. There are some elementary drawing functions you can use to do generative art.
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Tue May 22, 2012 4:50 pm

pele2010 wrote:Hi james,

what´s the name of the "programming modules" i can´t find a module that relates to that ?

would be great to know ....

. as sigmasix said, it's just using some of the painter features.

. i used them in '120 eq paint' and '120 eq paint circle' (demo and code description for eq paint - http://vimeo.com/34727155 )

. but, that's just generating sound bars to audio input, but i think the concepts should translate to whatever you wish to create. make sure to read the modul8 (http://www.modul8.ch/documentation/modules_manual/) as well to get an idea of what's possible. then, track down some effect/generative idea and code it in!

-james
    (a nomad. )
  • bareimage
    activ8 member

by bareimage » Wed May 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Does not work as speedy as I need. My workflow right now is the following

Route I.
    Modul8 - Syphon - Coge - MIX - syphon Mad Mapper
    VDMX (LFO Sets) - OSC - Modul8 & Coge

Route II (less buggy more lag)
    VDMX (LFO) - MODUL8- VDMX - MIX Syphon - Mad Mapper

Right now I am working on simple freeware syphon mixer for Max MSP at 720p I'm getting 22 frames/sec when I can get it to 30 I will release it.

Jaquinde wrote:
    Did not mean to offend you man.
    bareimage

My apologies too Bareimage,

I am sorry for having come out so strongly towards you. It wasn't right of me to insult you either. Should know by now that reactions like that lead no-where. I also have to make fun of myself, quoting the famous Meme, CAPITAL LETTERS MEANS I'M SERIOUS! (lol)

I like where the conversation is leading to aswell. This is the 64 bit information i was looking for, data with the reasons as to why 64 bit would be less effective than 32. I still think that eventually there is going to be a lot to gain from 64... but at least now I understand... not really a fan of memory leaks.

For the syphon fix I use,
    1. i just opened the syphon quartz file in quartz composer and changed the output number... saved 12 files each with a different output.
    2. I then proceeded to open all my syphon apps and started outputting each app individually (not really caring what channel they were on).
    3. I then loaded all the quartz composer files into modul8
    4. I loaded 10 files, each to a layer
    5. The files would pick up at random any syphon signals they could get, and eventually all syphon signals would appear.

Hope that helps
  • Jaquinde

by Jaquinde » Wed May 30, 2012 4:42 pm

Does not work as speedy as I need. My workflow right now is the following

Route I.
    Modul8 - Syphon - Coge - MIX - syphon Mad Mapper
    VDMX (LFO Sets) - OSC - Modul8 & Coge

Route II (less buggy more lag)
    VDMX (LFO) - MODUL8- VDMX - MIX Syphon - Mad Mapper

Right now I am working on simple freeware syphon mixer for Max MSP at 720p I'm getting 22 frames/sec when I can get it to 30 I will release it.

have you tried Syphoning out of modul8 AND coge separately into mad-doubler and then into mad mapper? I know u lose the inability to add effects to coge thru modul8, but the mixing occurs in madmapper through layering shapes and adding. I change the dimensions in mad-doubler to 2560 by 720 and have modul8 on one side, and whatever else on the other. The mixing of my layers and color calculations is handled by mad mapper instead of modul8 using this method (i lay out all my layers separately in modul8)

One of those many tricks i use to make modul8 not chug :)