Mismatch previous size / output
  • septum

Mismatch previous size / output

by septum » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:28 pm

Hello friends, the fact is that I have a little problem with the resolution of the previous panel

Now instead of taking the signal at 800x600 640x480 want out in the output panel no problem because I respect the scale and it takes me well, but prior panel can not get it to look like it has to do is left without seeing a part of the screen, I looked in preferences but I only found no preferences for the output for the previous

the fact is that if you give me the misaligned normalize again

I leave some screenshots

any solution?
    Valparaiiso
    activ8 member

by Valparaiiso » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:23 pm

You must set your resolution in OS X Preferences -> Monitors and only there.
    If you got a laptop and one projector, you do not need the advanced output since you have two (or more) physical graphic cards.
    The easyest is to set the advanced output to off.
    (for information, the virtual resolution of the advanced output is 640x480. If your output clip is 800x600, it's bigger than your output).

The normalize function helps you to keep the same height when your medias have not the same ratio.

It seems that you don't really take a look on the excellent M8 documentation.

Hope it helps.
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:08 am

You've discovered the confusion that is advanced output.

In the normal output mode your preview is a 1:1 representation of you main output (but for previews sake is scaled to 640x480. So 100% of you 800x600 output is fit on the preview.

In advanced mode the preview window takes up 640x480 section in the centre of your final output resolution. So if your final advanced output is 800x600 you can't see the extra 80 pixels either side or 60 top and bottom.

Generally its best to stick to the normal output feature as it will should still do 800x600 properly but give you an accurate preview.
    Lets hope that the Modul8 guys improved it in the future.