Mp3 Tag to Module8?
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:59 pm

If you want to try that it works, load "Syphon Client QC.qtz" on a layer and launch the Syphon "Simple Server" app. You should now have the Syphon logo appearing on your layer in Modul8. You can download the Simple Server app from the Syphon page.

There is one thing to keep in mind: Syphon Client QC.qtz always loads the first Syphon content available in the Syphon server list. So if you start outputting to Syphon from Modul8 before launching your other Syphon apps you will get feedback from Modul8. That might be a fun effect but probably not what you are going for. You can use the Syphon "Simple Client" app to see what Syphon sees and in what order your content is.
    destroke

by destroke » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:20 pm

The Midi Thief wrote:If you want to try that it works, load "Syphon Client QC.qtz" on a layer and launch the Syphon "Simple Server" app. You should now have the Syphon logo appearing on your layer in Modul8. You can download the Simple Server app from the Syphon page.

it doesn't work but i wonder 3 things:

1) is it right that when I launch "simple server" starts a DVX converter tool?

2) have I install quartz composer? (is it an application or just a graphics development environment )

3) I noticed that under the "output" menu on modul8 is written "syphon". is it related with what we are doing?

I don't know how to say thanks for all your helping!
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:42 am

destroke wrote:
    it doesn't work but i wonder 3 things:

1) is it right that when I launch "simple server" starts a DVX converter tool?

2) have I install quartz composer? (is it an application or just a graphics development environment )

3) I noticed that under the "output" menu on modul8 is written "syphon". is it related with what we are doing?

I don't know how to say thanks for all your helping!

1) No, it should launch the Simple Server.
    2) I don't think you need to install Quartz Composer for this step but for editing the visualizer comp that you are about to receive you will.
    Quartz Composer is an app.
    3) You will not use Syphon output in Modul8 for this. It's when you want to send Modul8's output to another Syphon able application, like the MadMapper for instance. See to that Modul8 is NOT sending to Syphon it will only confuse and might cause feedback in this experiment.
    destroke

by destroke » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:07 am

I don't know why but when I launch "simple server QC.qtz" always start a dvx converter how showed in the image above

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:38 am

Yeah but you're not supposed to launch those files. You can if you want to edit them but then you will need to have Quartz Composer installed. Since you don't have QC installed OSX thinks those files belong to another application. I was referring to the Simple Client and Simple Server apps that you can download from the Syphon page and use for testing.
    destroke

by destroke » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:26 pm

perfect! now it works! ;)

sorry sorry sorry :oops:
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:25 am

destroke

by destroke » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:07 pm

it f.... works!!!! :D congratulations!

I want to try to edit the "iTunes2Syphon" to change the layout of the text (size, position etc) but I don't have Quartz Composer! can I download it from the developer center? I've already have an account but I didn't pay 99$ cause i'm not a developer
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:47 pm

Sure, yeah, you can download it. But you should also have it on one of the DVDs (or are the just CDs?) that came with your computer.
    destroke

by destroke » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:02 pm

perfect! I was able to edit something and i'm already satisfied about the results

here the file that I've changed
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22416233/iTunes2Syphon.qtz

I wonder how I can change the size and the color of the rectangle (is it also possibile to do a transparent background?)
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:28 am

Yes you can change the background color and a lot more but you will have to learn some more Quartz Composer to do that. There are tons of manuals on the net.

As for the transparency. It *should* be possible since Syphon supports alpha channel but I didn't get it to work in this case. But if you want to put it on top of anything just use the "add" blend mode in Modul8.
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:35 am

I have a Traktor to Modul8 module ready but I need more beta testers. PM me with your email address if you want in. You need to have a full version of Traktor installed to use it.
    Lumen

by Lumen » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:25 pm

PM'd :D
    destroke

by destroke » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:28 pm

The Midi Thief wrote:Here's the iTunes2Syphon tutorial: http://themidithief.com/2011/06/tutorial-itunes2syphon/

iTunes2Syphon visualizer doesn't work after upgranding OS to the Lion version :(
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:02 pm

destroke wrote:iTunes2Syphon visualizer doesn't work after upgranding OS to the Lion version :(

It's usually not a good idea to upgrade to a new system early. I've heard of more problems with QC and Lion. I've been on vacation since before the release of Lion so I haven't been able to check things. I won"t install Lion any time soon but I will have a new version for you to try this upcoming week. Start by installing the latest version of Syphon that works with Lion.

Thanks for letting me know!