Syphon development...
  • monsho

Syphon development...

by monsho » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:21 pm

Well, I've been spoilt, Syphon is a bit of a revelation for me, Syphon recorder for example has saved us so much time this week on a last minute production thing and I'm loving the possibilities of Mad Mapper...

Question is, are there plans to have Syphon as an input for Modul8 - this would open up a lot of possibilities for me with OpenFrameworks patches and the like?
  • bareimage
    activ8 member

Re: Syphon development...

by bareimage » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:06 pm

monsho wrote:Well, I've been spoilt, Syphon is a bit of a revelation for me, Syphon recorder for example has saved us so much time this week on a last minute production thing and I'm loving the possibilities of Mad Mapper...

Question is, are there plans to have Syphon as an input for Modul8 - this would open up a lot of possibilities for me with OpenFrameworks patches and the like?

Yes I have to agree as I was stating in my own post. Syphon recorder seems to be a much faster and better way to record modul8 compositions. You can even record sound in your movies if you use Sound flower virtual driver. I do not do capture to disk anymore.

I believe that the modul8 has a much better rendering engin then most of the applications out there. But it suffers from the fact that the system can not get inputs from resolume that has a better scene management and mask feuture. By opening the system to syphon modul8 can become the realtime rendering system...
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:16 pm

You can get Syphon input already by installing QC Rehab and using the Syphon Client QC file that comes with the Syphon package. It doesn't get super fast but it works. But I'm waiting on realy Syphon input too. Hope it doesn't take too long.
  • bareimage
    activ8 member

by bareimage » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:39 pm

The Midi Thief wrote:You can get Syphon input already by installing QC Rehab and using the Syphon Client QC file that comes with the Syphon package. It doesn't get super fast but it works. But I'm waiting on realy Syphon input too. Hope it doesn't take too long.

The speed is the issue. The way how Modul8 renders is much better then anything I have seen. But the problem that I would love to have more control over the content with different tools