Blackmagic Capture resolve interlacing ?
  • dionnys

Blackmagic Capture resolve interlacing ?

by dionnys » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:23 am

Hi all

i have post similar question in French Forum, i m using a Blackmagic intensity pro.

I need capture video output of my main macbook to go to the second macbook who use
    Modul 8.

i use minidisplay output or first mac with HDMI adapter
    Signal is going to intensity pro and modul8

Quality is good when capture with the capture software provided per blackmagic but in Modul8 i have interlacing problem. The latency is acceptable with only 3 images.

This problem is internal of modul 8 ?

I must just find a solution for interlacing ? have you an idea ? wich parameters must i choose ?

thx for your support !
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:34 am

I have issues with interlacing and SD capture and have found a few things that no doubt help
    - I find theres a sweet spot in the scaling of an input that loses the interlacing - it could be 1:1 to the input but for some reason I don't think it is - try messing with the scale and see if it disappears at a particular location.
    - the (ff) deinterlace filter accessible via (at) Filter (layer) v1.6 is terrible and lowers the video gamma so is pretty much unusable.
    - I find enabling blur and setting it extremely low seems to hide interlacing quite well. Might not work with a full HD feed.

One thing - I'm assuming you're using 1080i? Maybe try 720P and see if an incoming capture still has the problems.
    boris
    garageCube team

Re: Blackmagic Capture resolve interlacing ?

by boris » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:06 pm

I guess you are using 1080i or 720i instead 1080p 720p in you blackmagic card.

dionnys wrote:Hi all

i have post similar question in French Forum, i m using a Blackmagic intensity pro.

I need capture video output of my main macbook to go to the second macbook who use
    Modul 8.

i use minidisplay output or first mac with HDMI adapter
    Signal is going to intensity pro and modul8

Quality is good when capture with the capture software provided per blackmagic but in Modul8 i have interlacing problem. The latency is acceptable with only 3 images.

This problem is internal of modul 8 ?

I must just find a solution for interlacing ? have you an idea ? wich parameters must i choose ?

thx for your support !
    Boris * garageCube team