Modul8 v2.6.3 and new manuals released
  • garageRoot
    garageCube team

Modul8 v2.6.3 and new manuals released

by garageRoot » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Hello everyone! We hope you have been having a great summer with lots of creativity along with places to put that creativity to good use. The following are some exciting announcements we would like to bring to your attention:

Modul8 v2.6.3
    - Syphon SDK Public Beta 2 - fixed an issue with OS X 10.7 Lion
    - Fixed some issues with alpha channels when using shared textures in Syphon
    - Fixed an issue with media when using "8 bit" filenames such as ones that use Japanese characters
    - Rendering Logical Record using an Alpha Channel with a codec that support Alpha Channels
    - Added menu item under 'Help' that links to the Online Modul Manual
    - New PDF user manual

To download this most recent release please use your serial number to log into the following page:

http://www.modul8.ch/yourspace

New Printed Manual
    As of today we are taking orders for a friendly new printed manual for Modul8. The manual is recommended for anyone getting started with Modul8.

The manual comes with a Modul8 t-shirt and costs 35 euros incl. shipping costs within Europe.
    World wide the cost is 45 euros incl. shipping.

A link for purchasing the printed manual is available via yourspace.

Online Module Manual
    Ever wanted to understand how to write your own custom modules? Did you know that you can make some modules without having to write a single line of code? You will now be able to learn how to do this and more with our Online Module Manual. It contains a series of in depth tutorials explaining the module system and its functions. It will also show you how to write Python code to unleash the full potential of the module system. With this manual you will be able to customize and control Modul8 the way you want to.

To get started point your browser to:

http://www.modul8.ch/documentation/modules_manual/

Or you can access the above link within Modul8 by selecting 'Help | Modul8 Modules Manual'

Best wishes,
    GarageCUBE Team
    Last edited by garageRoot on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:04 pm

. fantastic! - the online manual looks great! :D

-james
    (a nomad. )
  • ridart

Online Manual

by ridart » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:49 am

I agree, it looks great, but being set as spreads (2 pages per screen) makes it v. difficult to view on an iPad.
    Any chance of a version which is set as single pages for those of us who work on small screens and keep our pdf manuals on an iPad for ease of use?
    orion
    super8 member

by orion » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:11 pm

ridart just view the manual in your browser then hit apple+P then save as a pdf to your where ever.

that printed manual looks juicy! it includes the regular manual and the module manual yes?
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:15 am

for the module part it's only a small introduction. The online manual for modules is much more detailled
  • ridart

New Manual

by ridart » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:16 am

orion wrote:ridart just view the manual in your browser then hit apple+P then save as a pdf to your where ever.

that printed manual looks juicy! it includes the regular manual and the module manual yes?

I think you misunderstand, I have saved the pdf but when I open it the document is set to double page spreads and therefore when viewing it on an iPad it has to be magnified and scrolled after each page turn which makes it difficult to use for reference. i wonder if it is possible to make a single page version available for iPad use. I have all my pdf manuals on my iPad for convenience.
  • ilan

by ilan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:44 am

We are aware of this problem and will fix it in a forthcoming round of releases/updates.