2.6.3 alpha render / screenshot control
  • TimeSquid

2.6.3 alpha render / screenshot control

by TimeSquid » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:03 am

So this new update is awesome... I love the alpha possibilities!

The only problem I have is that it cant be turned off. I need to use the 2.6.3 so that I can do multi-input mad mapper, but I also need to take screenshots from modul8... but Any composition with any layer that has either add or sub modes selected will export everything below it as invisible in the screenshot.

Is there anyway other than using 2.6.2 to remedy this problem?

I know its been out only one day, I like to move quick, and if there is a solution I am not seeing it would be very helpful. thank you.
  • TimeSquid

by TimeSquid » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:06 am

So I guess it is only with sub selected... interestingly enough... I love sub, I need to get that negative space in there...
  • TimeSquid

by TimeSquid » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:12 am

Also a blur on something that is chromakeyed ( invisible )... facinating.
    tdog
    super8 member

Re: 2.6.3 alpha render / screenshot control

by tdog » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:10 am

TimeSquid wrote:So this new update is awesome... I love the alpha possibilities!

The only problem I have is that it cant be turned off. I need to use the 2.6.3 so that I can do multi-input mad mapper, but I also need to take screenshots from modul8... but Any composition with any layer that has either add or sub modes selected will export everything below it as invisible in the screenshot.

I know its been out only one day, I like to move quick, and if there is a solution I am not seeing it would be very helpful. thank you.

are there more alpha possibilities in 2.6.3? - i haven't noticed, only the sub, normal, and add; that have always been there.
    boris
    garageCube team

Re: 2.6.3 alpha render / screenshot control

by boris » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:56 am

I'm not sure to really understand your problem ?

TimeSquid wrote:So this new update is awesome... I love the alpha possibilities!

Boris * garageCube team
  • TimeSquid

by TimeSquid » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:29 am

are there more alpha possibilities in 2.6.3? - i haven't noticed, only the sub, normal, and add; that have always been there.

Whats new in 2.6.3 is the rendering of alpha channels... When using the logical record, you can choose codec, which gives you the choice if you want to export an alpha channel...

But my issue has todo with Screenshots... Things that are in the preview very visible, and colorizing, Using Sub, and chromakey, ect become invisible within the PNG screenshot, and since the format of screenshots is always PNG ( which has an alpha ) it is ALWAYS the case...

I can make a video if it helps to understand.