2nd Video input for capture
  • AZK Team

2nd Video input for capture

by AZK Team » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:40 pm

Hi,

I've search the threads to see if there were any related topics but haven't found any.
    So here's my question :

Would it be possible in a further version of modul8 to have a second input for video capture via firewire ?
    ex :
    - a live cam via Convergent Design SD Connect
    - a PC via DSC1024-SD Connect

And both the sources could be selected for different output layers.

Thanks for this great software.

AZK Team.
    yves@garagecube
    master

Re: 2nd Video input for capture

by yves@garagecube » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:32 am

This is not supported yet and won't be for the V2.5. Hopefully for the V3.0.
  • AZK

Hummm

by AZK » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:15 am

Browsing the forums, i've read somewhere that it was possible using Quartz composer to create a quicktime file playing a live feed.

Is it possible to do so with 2 different inputs ?
    Aïzenko :: Motion Graphics - Web Applications - Live & Interactive Exhibitions
    www.aizenko.com
    p8guitar

by p8guitar » Sun May 13, 2007 12:32 am

2nd and 3rd video input in modul8 2.6, please!
    We're three people in our band ... 8)

Peter
    (Modul8 2.5.4, Mac OS 10.4.9, iMac 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 duo / 2GB RAM; MIDI: RME fireface 800, Novation Remote ZSL, Korg microKontrol, Faderfox LV2 and LX2. )
  • videomasta

lowtech solution with quad split

by videomasta » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:55 pm

hello , if you dont need high quality, you can use a video quad splitter
    and a single video input device (firewire or usb)

you only have to mask or crop the 4 sections in modul8.

it is quater video resolution. very cpu friendly and no fight with the drivers :-)
  • frederic

by frederic » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:40 pm

Or you can use Quartz composer and 1 hub firewire connect the cameras open quartz launch the module video-input.qtz select you're first camera then save to .mov. The same for the other one and import the two files into modul8.
    p8guitar

by p8guitar » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:41 pm

frederic wrote:Or you can use Quartz composer and 1 hub firewire connect the cameras open quartz launch the module video-input.qtz select you're first camera then save to .mov. The same for the other one and import the two files into modul8.

Frederic, you're ingenious! :D

Installed Xtools with Quartz Composer today and gave it a try ... but one question ... :oops: ... where do I find a renderer that only shows the video input? without mirroring, cubes or whatever. When I use only the Generator without a renderer, the exported quicktime file is black.
    (Modul8 2.5.4, Mac OS 10.4.9, iMac 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 duo / 2GB RAM; MIDI: RME fireface 800, Novation Remote ZSL, Korg microKontrol, Faderfox LV2 and LX2. )
  • frederic

by frederic » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:21 am

you have to use the patch generator "Video input" then select your device in inspector and then connecting it to image in billboard.
    p8guitar

by p8guitar » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:03 pm

thanks for the help. tried this today (I went to Prague last week :), no computer work there for me...). works well as long as Mac OS doesn't get confused and replaces my isight or unibrain videostream with the build-in iSight video. This happens when another application "captures" the stream, I suppose I must not have Quicktime and Quartz Composer open at the same time.
    p8guitar

suitable compression for live streaming (video capture)

by p8guitar » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:34 pm

when I connect my miniDV camera, should I set the compression to "DV-PAL" (in Quartz Composer) or should I use "Video"? does "Video" mean no compression?

which compression should I set for the iSight camera?