feature wishlist
  • vj123
    activ8 member

feature wishlist

by vj123 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:13 pm

1)
    loop mode "play once" :
    an OPTION that automatically turns the screen to 'black' when the movie reaches it's outpoint.
    this would be great to trigger short movies at sound events like bassdrums etc. and switch the screen to black at the end of the movie.
    to paste a 'black frame' at the end at all my movies is NOT a solution as i want to use these movies in other cases in LOOP mode and in that case the black frame is bad.

2)
    realtime 'frame blending' OPTION if the speed of a movie is slower then normal.
    do you know the frame blending option in final cut pro when you put a movie to slowmotion ?
    that's exactly what i would love to see in modul8 :-)

3)
    it seems that the keys ö ü ä of the german keyboard can not be used for key map settings ?
    would be great to use these keys too.
  • stuart
    activ8 member

by stuart » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:25 pm

the first feature could be done with a module I would think. Just some simple math linking movie position to opacity.

Your second feature is a processor hog. Frame blending is very computationally intense.
  • vj123
    activ8 member

by vj123 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:10 pm

1)
    well, maybe it could be done with a module but i guess this may produce some problems with the speed settings and the play direction ETC. in modul8 ??

and i guess a small 'black frame at out point' check box in the program itself would be much easier to USE instead of opening ANOTHER module ;-)

AND i guess not everybody is that familiar with modules...

2)
    well, for example with my powerbook (1,6 ghz, 2 gb ram) i can do this in realtime with final cut very well !!
    and sometimes i just want to use modul8 as a simple movie player only (without fx etc).
    in that case a 'better' slowmotion quality would be great as i really love to manipulate the speed of a movie 'in synch' with what happens in the music.
    of course this should NOT be the default !! a check box to enable / disable frame blending would be great :-)