Amazing software solution. Midi Suggestion.
  • Mandingo

Amazing software solution. Midi Suggestion.

by Mandingo » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:53 am

First off, I have to say that this is by far the best software solution out there right now. The fact that resolution is only limited by your system is great. I plan to get a raid together to have the ability to have full streaming on all channels.

Midi implementation is great. I'm using a behringer BCF2000 with the flying faders for the transparency of the channels. It works great.

One suggestion on the midi is a way to select a layer via midi so you can adjust it's perameters. The other is midi feedback. This would be great with all of these automated midi controlers now.

Once again amazing product. Will be purchasing soon.

Thanks

Re: Amazing software solution. Midi Suggestion.

by Guest » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:02 am

Mandingo wrote:One suggestion on the midi is a way to select a layer via midi so you can adjust it's perameters. The other is midi feedback. This would be great with all of these automated midi controlers now.

especially the 1st suggestion is what i'm really missing. also the MIDI feedback to avoid jumping values ...

/fons
    gmint
    ultim8 member

by gmint » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:17 pm

Damn, where did you get the BCF, I've been trying to get a BCR for weeks now...

Oh, and I totally agree with the layer selection deal. Definitely one of my top requests.
  • Mandingo

by Mandingo » Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:14 pm

I got the BCF at www.audiomidi.com . They are a great company in California. The unit seems to work great and is very versitale. You can't beat it for the price.

I set it up and ran the video positon on the sliders and got a great scratching effect.
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:23 pm

Mandingo wrote:One suggestion on the midi is a way to select a layer via midi so you can adjust it's perameters.

Yes, you can't do that now.

Did you try to use contextual midi? It allows you to attach different midi controllers to different layers... Not exactly the same thing, but can be useful when you need to control a layer that is not the selected one in the UI.

Yves.
    boris
    garageCube team

by boris » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:41 pm

Mandingo wrote:
    One suggestion on the midi is a way to select a layer via midi so you can adjust it's perameters. The other is midi feedback. This would be great with all of these automated midi controlers now.

Thanks

Yes That's really right, I add this in the next version.
    And midi feedback probally also in the future..
    Boris * garageCube team
  • Mandingo

by Mandingo » Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:51 pm

Thanks for the replys. It's great to have such an active and responsive forum. I've been playing with the software a lot and am more impressed every time I use it. Looking forward to more Midi implementation.

Thanks
  • dimwit

by dimwit » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:35 pm

'a way to select a layer via midi'
    is really important, esp. if user want to control Modul8 without keyboard, ie., multiple screen sync using midi

contextual midi is kind of help, but not so flexible
    please please please add this feature ASAP....