transformer : patch : thickness : higher limit please
  • vj123
    activ8 member

transformer : patch : thickness : higher limit please

by vj123 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:14 pm

1)
    transformer : patch : thickness :
    at the moment the thickness is limited to a maximum of 20.
    i have found some great settings that can make some very cool kind of matrix like effects. but with a limit of maybe 200 or 300 that would be MUCH cooler :-)
    is there a chance to push the limit up to 200 in version 2.5 ?

2)
    also it would be nice to have a 'pixel shape' option like circle pixels... :roll:

3)
    trace effect :
    would be nice to have a on / off button too !!
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:53 am

on/off button for trace? if you have it at zero, it's off, anything else is on. You can code a module to have what I think you want (remembering last used trace position) quite easily.

Regarding the thickness, maybe this functionality can be expanded through the modules system, no idea if it is possible yet, but may be in the future, according to the garageCube plans.
  • vj123
    activ8 member

by vj123 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:51 am

well, i already know that zero = off.
    thanks for that hint ;-)

i like to turn off trace and switch it on (to the trace value where it was before) in a very fast (rythmical) way. it is NOT possible (even with a midi controller) to do that if there will be no on/off switch.
    maybe it could be done with a 'double' function like the in and out position buttons already have. you can HIT them to re-trigger the movie at the position that you can choose with the same button ! would be great to have that exactly with the trace button.

of course it could be done with a module but i guess (maybe i'm the only one ??) that some basic features could be done (or done better as they are) in module 8 itself !!!

don't understand me wrong, of course modules are a great way to expand the features but if you have tooooo many modules open you will loose a little bit of the 'easy to use' aspect of moudl8 to keep the user interface clear and simple. with too many modules it just gets to complicated.

some other things that could be improved in my opinion :

- the in and out position 'buttons' can be assigned only to one external midi device that can be used to change the position.
    but the 'push' function of the to buttons can not be linked to a midi device.
    why ?

- the rotation button for 'Z' can be clicked at 'north', 'east', 'south' and 'west' to choose directly a rotation of 0,90, 180, 270 degrees.
    that is great !!!
    but WHY is it not possible with the 'X' and 'Y' buttons (they have only 'north' and 'south') ?

to expand the thickness with modules seems to be very complicated to me !
    i think to push the limit higher in modul8 itself should not be very complicated.
    or am i wrong YVES ??

:roll:
  • vj123
    activ8 member

by vj123 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:35 pm

some more 'small' improvements' that would be very helpful :

- movie in out selection :
    a small thumbnail view of the position would help a lot to find EXACT in and out points

- i'm a big fan of 'numbers'. i would like to see a value when i'm moving a fader in modul8. this would help a lot when you want to make for example EXACTLY the same contrast settings on layer 2 like you did on layer.
    so a 'numbers' display in the head of modul8 user interface would be nice (same position where 'render logical record' shows its messages :-)
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:45 am

vj123 wrote:of course it could be done with a module but i guess (maybe i'm the only one ??) that some basic features could be done (or done better as they are) in module 8 itself !!!

This is not a basic feature, this is a very specific need you got, and no, doing it with the modules system is just as doing it from within modul8 code. There is no point in adding features like this, as you said, if you want to keep it simple, there's no need to add crap that you can code in minutes with a module. It's just one button man, that you can then assign to a key or MIDI control. This should not be coded into modul8!
    movie in out selection :
    a small thumbnail view of the position would help a lot to find EXACT in and out points

Prepare your movie!
    Set the in/out point and move the movie header to the start and end positions. Easy!
    i'm a big fan of 'numbers'. i would like to see a value when i'm moving a fader in modul8. this would help a lot when you want to make for example EXACTLY the same contrast settings on layer 2 like you did on layer.

Maybe, I don't know. I use my MIDI controller LCD display for that. Then again you could clone the layer, and keep its settings, change the clip, and shoot it to the air. That's what I do.
  • vj123
    activ8 member

by vj123 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:43 am

sorry akira but i really don't like the way you post here !
    to call ideas of other users CRAP seems to be a LITTLE rude for me !

i think this forum is to discuss ideas and give maybe new ideas to the garagecube team that they MAY use or NOT !
    it's up to THEM to make it or NOT !
    not up to YOU !

i guess you should post here a little bit more friendly !
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:22 am

vj123 wrote:sorry akira but i really don't like the way you post here !
    Sorry, I post whichever way I want, and if you think it's rude, please, you haven't seen rude in your life ^_^

The garagecube team can do what they feel like, however, I am offering you choices to do what you want -right now- in some cases, and I valuate the garagecube team's time very much and wouldn't like them spending time in "features" you already HAVE THERE if you just took your time and did something on your own, like code a module.

So, if you don't like my posts, don't read them. And another bit of advice: laziness is not good ! ^_~