How to replace all clips in the media pane
  • JJHP3
    activ8 member

How to replace all clips in the media pane

by JJHP3 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:12 pm

Hi Everyone

Sorry, I couldn't find this information in the manual - how can I replace all the media in a project with another folder of clips? It seems there must be a better way than deleting each of the 80 clips... M8 2.0.2 / OSX 10.4.4 TiBk 1Ghz

Thanks for any advice

John
    chromafresh
    super8 member

by chromafresh » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:01 pm

I'd just start up a new file. Either that or prepare your project files beforehand and just open a new project. Loading should be faster and more stable anyway. If you're concerned about stopping the visuals, I think its a good idea to keep some footage or performance recordings handy from another source (DV/DVD etc.) to play while you reload. In our case we have two machines going and mix between the two so its easy to just have one or the other take over while the other loads or reloads. also handy during crashes or other problems.
  • stuart
    activ8 member

by stuart » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:11 pm

Starting up a new file does not save your set composition. Currently, bummer, there is no way to import or export individual sets. To my knowledge you just have to manually delete each piece of media. That's what I do anyway.
  • JJHP3
    activ8 member

by JJHP3 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:19 am

Thanks for the responses - but I'm indeed sorry to hear that such a basic as deleting all clips (or saving a "setup") is not possible. Perhaps in the future?

John
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:30 am

I would also like to have an option to "command-click" various movies and deleting them all at once with one swipe!
  • moonbase
    super8 member

by moonbase » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:50 am

Yes please, 'command-click' one media, some or all, anything to make control of media easier, it just must be on the guys list.
    Even just changing the persistent way medias remember their place in the list no matter if there are gaps lower down would be a blessing!