Wish list (part1!)
    cal6n
    activ8 member

Wish list (part1!)

by cal6n » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:16 pm

First off, nice program! A fresh approach that rocks! :D

I've been exploring the demo and I like it a lot (enough to place an order, already) but a few potential improvements immediately spring to mind.

Please can we have:

1. Mirror options in the matrix

2. Transitions between layer sets when selecting for output

3. The ability to work on a second layer while one set is playing

If you could include these features then I'd be able to work smaller gigs off of one laptop. A real bonus considering the space I'm sometimes expected to work in!

Cheers

Calvin
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:33 pm

I understand pretty well the points 2 and 3. But could you elaborate a bit about what you mean by the "Mirror options in the matrix"

Yves.
    cal6n
    activ8 member

by cal6n » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:18 pm

The matrix has options to flip x and flip y but it would be cool to be able to mirror or reflect x and y so that each panel appears to be a reflection of its neighbour.

Calvin

by Guest » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:04 am

I have some wishes!

first off, nice job. I think I will be buying this, my first VJ software. Coming from an aftereffects background I really l ove the paradigm. Just what I needed; a real time compositor.

I would like the ability to tap tempo and also generate envelopes for effects. In other words, I would like to be able to enter a tempo and then control, say, a layer transparency in a sawtooth manner based on the tapped tempo. It would be very cool if this could be done with different rhythmic values like whole notes, quarter notes, etc..

just wishing.

also, what is the native output resolution? Is it scaling 320x240?
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:49 pm

Guest:

Regarding the tempo:
    Many people asked for a BPM system. This is something we are thinking about for a future release.

Regarding the resolution. No there is no scaling. That's one of the nice thing about Modul8. Everything is rendered at full resolution.

cal6n:
    Okay. I undersand what you mean now. It's a missing feature that can be implemented pretty easily. One more thing on the "to-do" list!

:wink:
  • cuttlefish

by cuttlefish » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:57 pm

It would also be nice to have some frequency analysis on the sound in. You could then modulate layers with different parts of the music.

Sean
    ________
    buy vaporizer
    Last edited by cuttlefish on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • momo_the_monster

by momo_the_monster » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:50 pm

A 'smoothing' option that will automatically crossfade between otherwise abrupt changes - ie switching out video clips, turning off effects, etc.

Kudos on a great program! Unfortunately, the US dollar keeps dropping in relation to the Euro - this program is around $30 more expensive now than it was 3 weeks ago :( I'll probably be buying it anyway, after a bit more experimentation.
    yves@garagecube
    master

by yves@garagecube » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:06 pm

momo_the_monster wrote:A 'smoothing' option that will automatically crossfade between otherwise abrupt changes - ie switching out video clips, turning off effects, etc.

Kudos on a great program! Unfortunately, the US dollar keeps dropping in relation to the Euro - this program is around $30 more expensive now than it was 3 weeks ago :( I'll probably be buying it anyway, after a bit more experimentation.

Thank you! Regarding the smoother transition, it's something we can definitively improve.

Now regarding the relationship between the US dollar and the Euro, unfortunately, this not something we can fix. :wink:
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:11 pm

This would be my wishlist:

Being the MIDI controlling maniac that I have become, all my current "wants" are related to MIDI:

* Above all: selecting the MIDI channel of the MIDI message I want to assign. Currently I'm using an Edirol PCR-30 and a Korg Electribe EA1, it's all fine but the Elctribe is throwing data through two channels, and modul8 takes all this data at the same time because it's put in Omni by default (at least I think so, all controllers say 0/?? , is there something I'm missing?). Would be nice if the program would recognize the MIDI command's channel, so if I press C3 on channel 1, it would only use the C3 coming from channel 1.

* MIDI cuepoints. Making a small miniloop inside a loop like those DVJX1 things do, traktor style, you know what I mean.

* MIDI BPM syncing. Making the loops sync their length to the BPM coming through MIDI in various ways.
    boris
    garageCube team

by boris » Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:25 pm

I answered about the midi channel here :

http://www.garagecube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74
    Boris * garageCube team
  • Tan

by Tan » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:22 pm

Couple things I'd like to see:

ability to modulate waveforms on auto move etc, e.g modulate sine with triangle, sine with sound input, etc

ability to choose loop start and end points

sound input and waveform control of loop start point and restart, and speed

in general, more sound/waveform control of other parameters like rotation
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:08 pm

boris wrote:I answered about the midi channel here :

http://www.garagecube.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74
    Yes, thankyou, I was being stupid, and my electribe is acting funny :P
  • Tan2

more wishes

by Tan2 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:10 am

It would be great to be able to send sound to "sound input" via Soundflower (www.cycling74.com) from another running app. BTW, any way to have Modul8 working off sound input originating from my powerbook AND capture the video/sound to dv cam?