Any help would be appreciated
  • fatwallet

Any help would be appreciated

by fatwallet » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:24 am

Hi Guy"s, Just like to introduce myself to everyone as I'm new to the forum. I find the 3d projection & mapping created using the software available is really fantastic with some great stuff out there. If anyone could give me some help & advice on how to get started I would greatly appreciate it. I am totally new to this so would be looking for advice on the most basic level, i.e. how to set up the software from scratch & produce a finished project how step by step to create content within the software add effects then save & use the content in a projection. Also advice on what projector can be used & what size projection can be achieved & if I need a long throw or short throw projector. I have got a mac book pro osx lion 10.7.2 can anyone tell me if this laptop is suitable for the job. Right guy's i'll leave it at that & hope someone out there can help me get started.

Cheers Alan W :lol:
  • anomad
    master

Re: Any help would be appreciated

by anomad » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:49 am

. hello!

. that's a lot of questions ! :)

. check out http://vjforums.com/showthread.php?t=36211 (and vjforums.com in general) for a lot information on projection mapping.

. to start ? plug your mac into a projector, aim it at the wall and play around with the perspective transform effect (found in Modules-Filter(layer) ) and have it. see what works and what doesn't.

. for outdoor, building projection mapping - you'll most likely need to rent a high power (>6000 ANSI lumens) projector... for interior stuff, almost any projector will do - you'll just have to make the room pretty dark.

. good luck!

-james
    (a nomad. )
  • fatwallet

Re: Any help would be appreciated

by fatwallet » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Cheers James, thats a great help. As I mentioned im totally new to this but have been told i'st quite simple to create decent projects once you get going. I'll see how I go on & thanks for the advice & link.

Regards Alan :lol: