Midi question???
  • insane insan

Midi question???

by insane insan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:30 am

can anyone please help me choose the proper midi controller, Its so many out there its hard to choose wich one can work best with module 8 interface???
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:55 am

That's a personal question and you will find as many differing tastes as people got asses
    :D

Having in mind modul8's UI, I would say only a combination of at least two controllers would be the perfect solution to controlling modul8 through a hardware interface.

Interface 1 should have a 4x4 launchpad like the media section of modul8 (TriggerFinger, akai 1000, padKontrol. etc.)

Interface 2 should have a whackload of sliders knobs, etc., to tweak as many parameters as possible (BCR2000, UC-33, etc)

Then again, right now i am using an Edirol PCR-30 keyboard with just 8 sliders , 8 knobs and 9 buttons. I am used to it, but I'd change it for one of the combos mentioned above any day. IN this category of "all round controllers", as I'd like to call them, the NOvation Remote25 or the new Novation SL look as the best choices.

Hope that helps.
    Jesper Fryd
    activ8 member

by Jesper Fryd » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:19 am

Akira wrote:That's a personal question and you will find as many differing tastes as people got asses
    :D

Having in mind modul8's UI, I would say only a combination of at least two controllers would be the perfect solution to controlling modul8 through a hardware interface.

Interface 1 should have a 4x4 launchpad like the media section of modul8 (TriggerFinger, akai 1000, padKontrol. etc.)

Interface 2 should have a whackload of sliders knobs, etc., to tweak as many parameters as possible (BCR2000, UC-33, etc)

Then again, right now i am using an Edirol PCR-30 keyboard with just 8 sliders , 8 knobs and 9 buttons. I am used to it, but I'd change it for one of the combos mentioned above any day. IN this category of "all round controllers", as I'd like to call them, the NOvation Remote25 or the new Novation SL look as the best choices.

Hope that helps.

Just combine 1 and 2 and you have:

Korg MicroKontrol :D

Jesper Frydenlund
    Art Director | www.weare.dk
  • insane insan

by insane insan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:14 pm

Akira u the best thanx for your help, and sorry guys that im asking maybe dumb questions, but in the country that im from VJ's dont exist so u got to help me out.
    thanx again, and if you have any other useful tips please keep it coming.
    cuz i wanna invest in some hardware but so hard to decide which is the right one, and I LOVE MODULE 8 so i want something that works with this amaizing piece of software.

THANX.
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:10 pm

the Korg microKontrol is a good allround keyboard, one of the best choices for option 3, yes, I forgot about it ;)

Insane, any more questions you have, feel free to ask in the forums ;)
  • insane insan

by insane insan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:31 am

Now, what do you think?

Nr.1.Trigger Finger
    Nr.2.EC2000
    Nr.3.Korg Microcontrol

The prices are pretty much the same i can get nr.1 + nr.2. or a can get nr.3?
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

by Akira » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:20 pm

I couldn't find any EC2000 controller, I suppose you mean the Behringer BCR2000

In any case, I doubt the price of TriggerFinger+BCR2000 equals that of a Korg microKontrol!!

If you are short on budget, get the allround one, which is the microKontrol.

But before buying ANYTHING, try them first. They might not feel comfortable to you.
    VJ-A2D
    activ8 member

by VJ-A2D » Tue May 02, 2006 9:48 pm

got a microkontrol.
    it's crap.
    bugged encoders, approximative sliders. Cheap, overall.
    The novation SL would be my top choice.
    Otherwise, triggerfinger/BCR or BCF 2000 would be nice. Used them both, nice to use.

If room/ease of use//money is an issue, get yourself an old keyboard and customize it/paint it to mod8 UI, and get a behringer.
    Plus2 Collectiv