MBP 17' + Matrox MXO2 LE
  • hubert006

MBP 17' + Matrox MXO2 LE

by hubert006 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:00 pm

Hello,

I bought MBP 17', and now i looking for good capture card. Do you think that, MXO2 LE MAX is good choise? I need this to capture video from profesional cams, sometimes anather MBP. Some time i woudl like capture signal from video mixer like Edirol, and that is posible with MBP and MXO2? What quality i can get, frames/s, resolution, delay?
    Anyone use this card? Maybe i should buy different hardware?
    The Midi Thief
    master

Re: MBP 17' + Matrox MXO2 LE

by The Midi Thief » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:17 am

If you want to capture and output at the same time you need two Thunderbolt ports to be able to daisy chain devices wich I doubt the MX02 LE has. As far as I know only the AJA io XT can do this.
    I just saw Lotech's post in antother thread (don't double post!). And as he says, if you get the PCi card version you have the Thunderbolt port free to output video. But I'd go for the AJA any way since there are issues with the PCi card version of teh MXO2. Search for Vade's review of that device. It's funny and points out some major weak spots.
  • hubert006

Re: MBP 17' + Matrox MXO2 LE

by hubert006 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:53 pm

The Midi Thief wrote:If you want to capture and output at the same time you need two Thunderbolt ports to be able to daisy chain devices wich I doubt the MX02 LE has..

I bought MBP 17' because there is expresscard 34 slot. I still wondering which capture device would be better. I looking for Pro, and semi-Pro solutions. I can't find opinions about AJA, posted by people who use AJA, like I planning to use it.
    I saw Vade's review, and it's looks fine for me, but he tested Mini version. I want use capture device with video mixer, and pro cams during conferences. It Must work all the time.