Ip Webcam Solution
    orion
    super8 member

Ip Webcam Solution

by orion » Thu May 24, 2012 9:07 pm

eureka!
    I finally found something that works well with modul8, it's called Mobilia (http://mobiola.com/), simply download the app from the app store (iphone only at this point, i'm working on a solution using videoglide and my android) and download the Mobiola WebCamera from the site. Launch the app on your computer and iphone then open up Modul8 andddddddd wala:
    Screen shot 2012-05-24 at 2.05.17 PM.png
    Mobilia Running Smooth
    Screen shot 2012-05-24 at 2.05.17 PM.png (27.56 KiB) Viewed 8113 times

I only have an iphone 3g but i think with the newer models you can better adjust quality and size. Also note that you'll have to create a network between your phone and laptop before you get up and running if you're somewhere with out.
    pele2010
    ultim8 member

Re: Ip Webcam Solution

by pele2010 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi Orion,

i got that working with pocketcam too.

But you need a good wifi connection.

this was running with an iphone 4 .

how stable is mobiola ?

thanxs

pele2010
    www.instagram.com/pele2010/
    #eachfilm01
    #pele2010
    Act without doing; work without effort. Think of the small as large and the few as many. Confront the difficult while it is still easy;
    accomplish the great task by a series of small acts.
    www.eachfilm.de
    cvanhoose
    activ8 member

by cvanhoose » Fri May 25, 2012 3:37 am

correction: this is iOS only.....not just iPhone. It is a way of getting video, lots of latency, but useable for a non professional setup. Ive used it several times on an LED wall for a couple of concerts. A wifi router is definitely needed, if you want to walk away from your computer.
    orion
    super8 member

by orion » Fri May 25, 2012 9:40 pm

word, i tried it last night ona iphone 3g by just creating a network on my computer, i could get about 20 feet away from my laptop before the signal dropped. A router would be much better. It's fun to tinker with but not sure how much i'll be using it ina live setting.
    cvanhoose
    activ8 member

by cvanhoose » Sat May 26, 2012 12:41 am

It works great for clubs, depending on the VJs style. If you put some effects (trace) on the video and a layer or two of GFX, its perfect. It has never crashed, which is a plus, I have never tried multiple iOS devices tho. Will try in the future to see if you can use a couple of phones or iPads.
    I tried without the router also and i was able to get to mid stage (60ft stage).
    I now have an AppleRouter and also the AppleExpress to extend to the other side if I need to.
    A cool feature with that app, is that you can record your footage, and send the audio from the iOs device to Modul8. It was worth the dollar I paid for sure!
    NyxNuit

by NyxNuit » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi Orion!

Have you worked more on that solution for how to stream video from an Android phone to Modul8 that you mentioned?
    I've tried this app called IP Webcam (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... bcam&hl=sv) but I can't figure out how to receive the stream other that in i.e. VLC or a browser. How would I do that? Or are there other apps or ways to achieve this? I'd love to turn my phone into a wireless webcam...

Thnkz
    Nyx
    orion
    super8 member

by orion » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:26 am

Hey NyxNuit, I tinkered with that ip webcam for a wee bit to no avail. You could open a browser window and do a scream shot but that's too much work around for not that great quality. I've mostly been using an iphone lately. It's the only solution I found for an android :). Sucks how under developed apps are in the android market but that's another diatribe for another forum.