Becoming Certified
    orion
    super8 member

Becoming Certified

by orion » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:13 am

So in the last year or so I've been diving head first into M8 i've had my far share of gigs, as many of you know there's always one or two people at these gigs that won't stop asking you questions about what's going on. I'm generally always happy to discuss my work flow with people, so much so that a couple people have reached out to me asking if i'd be interested in teaching others about both M8 and MadMapper. I'm a pro at making myself sound pro but I was curious if the staff at modul8 have initiated any curriculum that could lead me on a path to be a sort of certified teacher of the software program? Kind of like ableton has its' stringent protocol to becoming a certified instructor. I guess that's kind of what's happening with the Mapping festival but there's really nothing like that in Texas. I'd like to get some sort of approval to teach modul8 to others in my community but beyond approval I feel like I should be tested on what I know so that my knowledge meets some sort criteria that can translate to what M8 'expects' when staff members themselves teach others. It would be nice to be able to offer these small academies the opportunity to perhaps purchase a bundle of educational licenses but we can discuss that at a later date :D
  • ilan

Re: Becoming Certified

by ilan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:23 pm

At the moment there is no such structure in place. The workshops at the Mapping Festival and other festivals where we are invited, do follow a certain formula, but they are generally an introduction and not a start to finish certification process.

That should not stop you from teaching people how to use Modul8 and MadMapper. We have several people who are evangelists for us that go around festivals teaching workshops when offered the opportunity to do so.

There are also many schools all over the world that offer Modul8 and MadMapper as part of their curriculum. Providing the organization in question can provide documentation validating their status as an Educational facility we will provide licenses at the Educational discount price.

If someone we know approaches us looking to host a 'one off' workshop whom we are familiar with we can provide a time limited license for any number of computers for 30 days.

Eventually we will have a certification process of some sort, but for the moment it is more manageable to work through the network of the community.
    orion
    super8 member

by orion » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:58 am

Thank you Ilan for your response! That's the best news since Kinder Eggs. I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong in teaching modul8. I will do a one off and make an assessment as to wether i'm fit for the classroom. I'll start putting the best curriculum together! I will also pass info along about educational versions and time limited licenses, cheers.
  • ilan

by ilan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Cool. If and when you do a one off please let me know about it at least 30 days in advance so I can promote it through our news feeds. It will be good for everyone involved to do this. I need:

Date:
    Time:

I can also provide you with some suggestions on how to present and teach the software.
  • tony_blend

by tony_blend » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Thats great news Ilan, Blendhave been teaching modul8 & madmapper in Northamptonshire for approx 18months now and being able to utilise an educational test license for madmapper would be great. Is there a specific educational email address to send details to?

Cheers,

Tony
    Fragmentia: A relatively new cognitive disorder where one feels cut off from a sense of wholeness because of constant exposure to only incomplete parts of things and ideas which do not
  • ilan

by ilan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:44 pm

Thanks for the information. Contact us at support [at] garagecube [dot] com. It's usually me.