Livid Instruments CNTRLR Editor
    smo0thiecake

Livid Instruments CNTRLR Editor

by smo0thiecake » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:38 am

Hi,

I have a Livid Instruments 'CNTRLR'
    It comes with a software called 'Editor' which allows you to program each button/slider/knobs to set them as Notes/MMC/Ctl with values etc.

http://wiki.lividinstruments.com/wiki/O ... CNTRL:R.29

My Goal:
    I would like to map the 4x4 buttons and 16x2 buttons so when i assign them to a layer and press them it TOGGLEs.
    Right now they're 'Notes' and as soon as i release the button it turns the layers off.

the 4x4 button are also 'notes' and work well with the 'Media Set' although sometimes one of the buttons (within this 4x4) will trigger weird stuff like layers and effects that i didn't assign.. im guessing coz its a 'note'

My Question:
    Does the buttons have to be in 'notes' or 'ctl' to toggle? What Values? is it even possible with this controller?
    i basically want them to be on/off switches so i can map them to turn layers on/off and Animation FX on/off

Has anybody experimented with Livid Instruments Midi Controllers OHM editor?
  • vanakaru
    master

Re: Livid Instruments CNTRLR Editor

by vanakaru » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:08 am

try MIDI Monitor

http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

to see what Livid is sending.
    Modul8 does not see if it is note on or note off. Every send is the same. So if your controller sends note on when button is pressed and note off when it is released then it is the assigned command twice for Modul8. Like you press button - layer turns on; you release it - layer gets second send and turns off.

Did you try program your buttons as CTR? Control should send Control+”sliding” parameter. If it is a button it sends Control+fixed param.
    If you can program buttons to send just note on at the press/release that is your option too.
    I do not have Livid, BTW.
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:25 pm

. i have a 'classic' Ohm36 and used the OhmConnect_a08 (not sure if that works w/your hardware) and there was an option to set buttons as 'toggle' rather than 'note on/off' - i would imagine there something similar in the software you're using...

-james
    (a nomad. )
    smo0thiecake

by smo0thiecake » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:34 am

the software comes with its own Midi signal detector - and i can see it sends Notes, i tried changing it and saving it (following manual's direction) but the 'Editor' app freezes and when i plug it back in its still sending notes..

here is a quick look on the Editor

so first i need to set the buttons as 'CTL'
    i kinda understand now the different between notes and ctl, not sure what MMC is.
    is there a specific Value i need to put in it?
    does it have to be unique?
    or can it be the same as the other buttons?
    orion
    super8 member

by orion » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:44 am

kinda depends what parameter you're trying to control and wether you're assigning buttons, knobs or faders. Can you give an example of what you're trying to assign the buttons to?
    smo0thiecake

by smo0thiecake » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:00 am

orion wrote:kinda depends what parameter you're trying to control and wether you're assigning buttons, knobs or faders. Can you give an example of what you're trying to assign the buttons to?

my first goal is to map the 4x4 buttons to the 'Media Set'
    so when im on a layer that i like, i can just press one of the buttons to change my media...
    then select a different layer and again load another media just by pressing one of those buttons (from the 4x4)
    smo0thiecake

by smo0thiecake » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:09 am

anomad wrote:. i have a 'classic' Ohm36 and used the OhmConnect_a08 (not sure if that works w/your hardware) and there was an option to set buttons as 'toggle' rather than 'note on/off' - i would imagine there something similar in the software you're using...

Hey james,

is there a video tutorial for using the 'Editor'
    i feel like im not saving it properly thats why its not switching to crl from Notes..
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:12 pm

smo0thiecake wrote:Hey james,

is there a video tutorial for using the 'Editor'
    i feel like im not saving it properly thats why its not switching to crl from Notes..

. i'm not sure... the editor you're using is far more detailed the the one for the ohm36 :)

. you might as on the lividinstruments.com forum on how to save and how to set a button to toggle.

-james
    (a nomad. )