Bugreport - Retinabook
  • ilan

Re: Bugreport - Retinabook

by ilan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:41 pm

@cvahoose... you wrote: "Should I wait a "FEW" more days or submit a request to support also?"

And I responded "absolutely" meaning you should "absolutely send us a request so we can help you."

For the moment Boris and I are in the middle of a some critical things before we can do a formal release of the update that addresses Retina Display issues.

SO... if anyone has a Retina Display MBP and is experiencing issues with Modul8, and needs it working immediately please send us a message to the support and you can get this update right away.
  • JaylikeBird

by JaylikeBird » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:04 am

we will release Modul8 2.6.5 in the next few days. In the meantime, you could contact me via support [at] garagecube to get a version that corrects the problem

Over a week is not "the next few days.". Please stop doing this to us.
    The Midi Thief
    master

by The Midi Thief » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:35 pm

And there we go again. We can't complain about Garagecube not mentioning upcoming releases and then nag when they do. I guess it will be here any day now. I was hoping for more than just the retina fixes. But my expectations are not that high any longer (I was hoping for native Syphon input). But after all, it's a minor update so there is probably not too much new stuff to expect.
    cvanhoose
    activ8 member

by cvanhoose » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:50 pm

ok...i decided to wait the "few" days anyways.......as I waited a few more, and as i shall wait a few more. email sent to @support;)
    cvanhoose
    cvanhoose
    activ8 member

by cvanhoose » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:44 am

ilan wrote:@cvahoose... you wrote: "Should I wait a "FEW" more days or submit a request to support also?"

And I responded "absolutely" meaning you should "absolutely send us a request so we can help you."

For the moment Boris and I are in the middle of a some critical things before we can do a formal release of the update that addresses Retina Display issues.

SO... if anyone has a Retina Display MBP and is experiencing issues with Modul8, and needs it working immediately please send us a message to the support and you can get this update right away.

So yea.... if I needed it working immediately, all I have to do is send that email I sent several days ago? Your customer satisfaction is at an all time low.
    david
    garageCube team

by david » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:25 am

Hello,
    cvanhoose wrote:So yea.... if I needed it working immediately, all I have to do is send that email I sent several days ago?
    We answered all the requests we received at support [at] garagecube [dot] com but there is no mail from you in our support system.
    Did you receive the automatic acknowledge of your first email ? what is your support ticket number (GS00.....) ?

And do not forget to use a meaningful subject and body in your email.

Regards.
    David * GarageCUBE team * Modul8 developer
    cvanhoose
    activ8 member

by cvanhoose » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:04 pm

#GS00014197
    david
    garageCube team

by david » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:14 pm

So you posted this ticket on 18 Sep 2012 21:48:45 and we answered on 19 Sep 2012 11:44:43.

Please check your emails.

Regards.
    cvanhoose
    activ8 member

by cvanhoose » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Never received a response. Only a confirmation with a ticket number. I re-sent another request. :?:
  • ilan

by ilan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:47 pm

AND check your spam box.
    cvanhoose
    activ8 member

by cvanhoose » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:44 pm

I received the second email. thanks, and it seems to have fixed the issue. Should I apply the update to my non-retina macbookPro?
    david
    garageCube team

by david » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:13 am

If it is not broken, don't fix it.
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:16 am

david wrote:If it is not broken, don't fix it.

So the update does nothing but fix the retina display issue?
    cvanhoose
    activ8 member

by cvanhoose » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:24 pm

confirmed. I too was hoping for a minor improvement, but it is a fix for the retina displays, which crashed once so far on a test ride.
    I have not been using the software lately due to what it lacks for my needs. I have reprogrammed my controllers for another software and configuration.
    I was very happy to finally see a 2.6.5 version, but it did nothing but put me right back to where I was a couple years ago. Then again maybe this was just the fix for now for those who needed it immediately. :?:
    Either way - there are 24 hours in my day and I am determined to stay ahead of the industry standards. That being said, Modul8 will go back under the carpet until I see yet another release.
    Latency is not a friend.
    cvanhoose
  • vanakaru
    master

by vanakaru » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:21 pm

We used Modul8 last night contrary to my better judgement. Mostly because my partner was not comfortable enough with the new options. Overall M8 worked better than I was expecting. No problems at all. I had it on totally clean install of 10.6.8.
    The main issue was the very ancient flaw of M8 - the lack of ability to lock a layer. What in earth prevents you guys doing this simple programming? Just makes me mad! It has been asked for years. If you do not like to integrate it to main-frame then make a module. How hard is that?! I could add some strong language if it helps......