Modul8 2.7 beta 3 available for download
  • garageRoot
    garageCube team

Modul8 2.7 beta 3 available for download

by garageRoot » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:17 pm

We are nearing the end of the beta testing period. Please note the following fixes, additions and changes:

Fixes:
    - Keyboard mapping bug in modules
    - 2.7 beta would launch if license was not authorized prior to 2.6
    - An issue with the "direct_layer_media_stepFrame" keyword
    - CoreImage GPU Filters are now compatible with Geforce 9600M cards
    - Corrected problem that forced Syphon output and Advanced output

Added:
    - MicroModul8 support for modules and additional features

Changes:
    - Disable Full Screen at startup if no screen is connected to a Mac Mini.
    - Keyword/script connect is now active for the draw view control (Script connect field was hidden in the module Editor for drawview controls in previous beta version)

Modul8 2.7 beta 3 is available to all existing Modul8 license holders. To download it simply log into the Modul8 yourspace page using your serial number:

http://www.modul8.ch/yourspace

Important note: This version of Modul8 is for testing purposes only. Do not use it in a production environment.

Your reports are very important to us. Please send us step-by-step procedures on how to reproduce the bugs you may be experiencing along with your system configuration to support [at] garagecube [dot] com.
    lotech
    ultim8 member

Re: Modul8 2.7 beta 3 available for download

by lotech » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:50 am

The new keywords you added in Beta 2 still aren't included in the keyword browser - what do they do? They don't look terribly important but they should be documented.
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:02 am

Actually in a follow up - this new build completely breaks all my Modules.
    They don't report any script errors and even the most basic keyword commands go ignored by the GUI.
    I think theres a big but in there somewhere.

It would be good to have access to the previous Betas to see if they also had the bug but I unfortunately deleted Beta 2 when I upgraded.
  • ilan

by ilan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:11 am

That's odd. I just downloaded every one of your modules. They all work with the exception of Quick FX one where I can only get the Edges filter to work. Can you confirm that this only the modules you have created or all modules you have downloaded in the past?

Thanks for the suggestion about keeping a history of the betas available. I will bring that up with the team.
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:24 pm

It seems to be ALL modules that no longer work. Even extremely basic modules like your preview zoom module.
    The modules load seemingly fine (QuickFX shows audio reactivity) but no communication to or from the Modules to the main app seem to work. No thumbnails render in (LT) Clip Control and even basic play/pause keywords go ignored. I can't give you much more info as the scripts don't report errors - they just don't work.

FYI This is on a MacBook Pro 8,2 (Late 2011) running 10.8.3, Modul8 is in applications/Modul8/modul8.app

Also Modul8 fails to open when you rename the app. So I know which version I'm opening I generally leave the official build called Modul8 and any betas with a b2/b3 after them. It would be good to make sure something this basic didn't trip up the app or for future betas you named the app Modul8 2.7b3.app etc...
  • ilan

by ilan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Hey,

Thanks for the description. First, I will arrange to send you the previous version via dropbox link. Please just send us an email on support because I don't want to post the dropbox link publicly.
    leolodreamland

by leolodreamland » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:33 pm

seems ok to me. all quick fx working. things i can find wrong that affect me are airserver syphon output doesn't work in the syphon inputs, and the anome modules (monomal, mapmapmap) are totally crashing modul8 on install>run. i'm also getting weird stuff happening when sending osc thru the osc (global) module. i.e. values should be moving but it's locked to 0 (alpha channel, position_x etc.)

by ilan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:49 pm

@leolodreamland regarding the anome modules, it is likely something has broken in his code. We will need to contact him directly.

I am guessing with Airserver that you are trying to input video from your iPad? I have to admit that after a few tests that the response of that solution is not great for live video feed. I did a show recently and use Syphoner to capture Photoshop. It was really, really smooth. You just have to disable annoying shortcuts on the Wacom tablet so that it does not zoom in or out erratically.

For this OSC module thing, you are using the iPad again? What soft are you using? Is it a previous template (TouchOSC, Lemur) that you have used before? Or is it a brand new template?
    leolodreamland

by leolodreamland » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:06 pm

i contacted him directly and he says he does not support the modules anymore now he is concentrating on millumin. he is usually pretty god tho and i think with a little persuasion he might do a little work on them. ;)

i used the ipad and airserver with other programs and it comes out fine. i bought a dual band gigabit router and it makes all the difference. i use tagtool to great effect, but in modul8 i get nothing, it doesn't show and then deselects after half a second.

i worked out the problem with osc, i'm using maxforlive livegrabber patch, works ok in 8 but not in 9, which is a shame cos 9 has the nice envelope curves now, and is why i was trying. i'll contact him too!

by ilan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:12 pm

I sent him a message as well. If he indeed is not working on them anymore and won't fix them that is sad.

Interesting tip on the gigabit hub.

Was the Airserver > Syphon > Modul8 working in 2.7 b2?
    leolodreamland

by leolodreamland » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:24 pm

no. it was exactly the same.

by leolodreamland » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:27 pm

just checked airserver site and there's an update that came out a few days ago that says it fixes syphon related issues, so i'll try that now.

by leolodreamland » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:41 pm

no. that makes no difference. it still won't select it as an input in modul8, even tho it shows up. other stuff into m8 shows up and selects fine. airbeam, vdmx, resolume...

by ilan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:33 pm

I have finally checked this. Letting David know about this asap.
    leolodreamland

by leolodreamland » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:22 pm

you're a gentleman, and a scholar...