New Mac Pro Architecture
  • ndashade

New Mac Pro Architecture

by ndashade » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:18 am

Just wondering when Modul8 will be updated to at least utilize 64 bit architectures (I think it is only 32 bit?).

Further, wondering if any work is going on to develop a version of Modul8 and MadMapper that takes advantage of the architecture in the current Mac Pro. With 6 Thunderbolt outputs, and massive processing power this could be a mapping monster.

A loaded MacPro with optimized Modul8 and MadMapper could blow away some solutions that are out there that cost tens of thousands of US dollars.
    madsmeskalin
    activ8 member

Re: New Mac Pro Architecture

by madsmeskalin » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:58 pm

Any reason Garagecube doesnt answer to these posts?
    www.madsmeskalin.com - where dreams (notably mine) come true
    lotech
    ultim8 member

by lotech » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:23 am

Doubtful unless they've spent the last 2 years silently developing the next version that none of us know about.
    To switch to 64bit would be difficult as the quicktime engine Modul8 uses is 32bit only and would need a whole lot of new coding - something Garagecube don't seem to do anymore. There are other apps starting to take advantage of the newest OS-X technology such as Millumin but thats not really a VJ app. They have a preference for 64bit mode but once you switch to it the amount of codecs they recommend you use drops down to only a few specific codecs that are part of Quicktime X. VDMX also can use elements of the new MacPros GPU setup - although to what end I'm unsure.
  • stephane bordonaro

by stephane bordonaro » Sat May 10, 2014 1:59 pm

hello ,
    i have bad expérience with modul8 and the new macpro using 3 VP in output via thunderbolt port( minidispay VGA) ...there is lag ...videofiles are in in photojpg 75 %
    meanwhile with the same videofiles , using a macbook pro + matrox triplehead there is no problem ...

Any idea ?

thx