Setting up MIDI controller with Modul8
  • AgentD
    activ8 member

Setting up MIDI controller with Modul8

by AgentD » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi,

I bought my very first MIDI controller LPD8 from Akai. I am having a hard time setting this up...

LPD8 comes with four program sets, so what I want to do it is to assign video clips to all the pads (buttons) in each program set. That I know how to do it. The problem is that knobs! I can only set the knobs in one program set. So for example if I set the knobs in program set 1 such as zoom, speed etc, they ONLY work in program set 1 and as soon as I switch to set 2 all the functionalities get lost... I want to assign the same functionalities to all the knobs in all the sets.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I also don't understand what the "Prog Chng" anc "CC" buttons do. I read the manuals but I just can't get my head around these...

If you can share your experiences with this issue I'll really really appreciate it. Thanks a bunch in advance!

AD
    david
    garageCube team

Re: Setting up MIDI controller with Modul8

by david » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Hello AgentD,

if you want the knobs to send the same MIDI message in all the program set, then use the LPD8 Editing Software to set the same knob configuration (CC/Low/High) on all the program set. Look at page 2 and 3 of the LPD8 manual : http://www.akaipro.com/product/lpd8#downloads

Regards
    David * GarageCUBE team * Modul8 developer