Yet more suggestions (UI/live performance oriented)
  • Akira
    ultim8 member

Yet more suggestions (UI/live performance oriented)

by Akira » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:58 am

I was thinking if it would be possible for the clip bank to have two behaviors, like a switch that flips between two modes.

Mode 1 or "original mode" - This would be just like modul8 works now, you select a clip and it loops on the layer until you chose another, or it ends (if you are in one-shot loop mode)

Mode 2 or "Gate Time" mode - This would work accepting a "gate time signal" (this is no signal, im putting a name on it per se) from the midi controller, keyboard or mouse. I chose a clip and it plays for as long as I keep pressing the key/note/mouse. With this, one can control the length of the looping more tightly, this is good for A/V performances, and with machines like my electribe the sequencing canbe done in a more intuitive way. Though for this mode to work properly it would be good to have all the clips banks available at once, so one does not have to enter "change bank" data in a sequence, everytime i do that i just lost a step to put a video, and what if I have no space to put a switch bank signal? Then I am restricted just to 16 clips. (of course i can sort of imagine workarounds on the electribe sequencer, like duplicating the BPM and doubling the pattern length, but it gets more complicated)

Another great one would be to mark loops inside loops, much in the way Traktor DJ Studio does with tracks. Maybe the loop length can match and bea beatsynced to an incoming MIDI clock signal, for super tight loop creation!@

Well that's sort of what I have found would be great if implemented. The program is flawless so far, I cant find any bugs or problems with it yet. My suggestion would improve the live triggering performance, this is something i'd like to try since not all of my work is composition based.

keep up the great work, i'm way too anxious for a new release!
  • core

by core » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:45 am

yes i think that it could be great if we could "Trigger" videos :

_ button OFF : layer invisible and video at start point, ready to go
    _ button ON : you see the layers and the video plays

In fact it's mix of Alpha and Speed functions