MadMapper2 3D..., what are the GarageCube plans for M8?
  • fiumichino

MadMapper2 3D..., what are the GarageCube plans for M8?

by fiumichino » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:15 am

Hi everyone,

Today I have received the MadMapper beta 3 update and the new 3D surfaces implementation looks really awesome.

I have asked myself, what happened with the Modul8 development?

No 64bit in 2015 (no reasonable excuse for that, just 2Gb RAM can be used, etc.), poor integration with MadMapper (just a clean Syphon output just like a cheap or free software, no seamless quad integration with MadMapper, etc. like i.e. Millumin does within itself).

Modul8 is one of my favorite software, but I think it´s really outdated nowadays. Or to put it in another way, you can do with Modul8 almost you could do 5 years ago, and no more. No matter the powerful computer you have, the performance lacks when using 720p or 1080p files on about 5 layers with effects/modules, it ´s always needed to convert the clips to an specific format and resolution (can you figure out how many time takes to convert i.e. about 100 short clips for an event?), forget about 1080p and clips longer than a few seconds,...

Don´t you think it´s time to consider a serious Modul8 update?

Kind regards.
    broken
    super8 member

Re: MadMapper2 3D..., what are the GarageCube plans for M8?

by broken » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:39 pm

I'm seriously hoping the lull in development of m8 was due to the huge push forward Madmapper just got with v2, and that a big update to m8 is coming. Really really hoping!

I've been searching for alternatives the past while due in part to the limitations of a 32bit app reliant on quicktime which doesn't handle HD video gracefully at all..