Two Modul8s running in network.
  • Scandaniel

Two Modul8s running in network.

by Scandaniel » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:29 pm

Hi.

I'm doing a tour this summer and some of the video layers will be triggered by the artist on stage. In case anything fails, is there a chance we can have two Macs running same show, one on stage and one on FOH (mixer position), linked through Cat-5 or similar?
    sigmasix
    master

Re: Two Modul8s running in network.

by sigmasix » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:37 pm

Yep, there is a Network module that can link two modul8 with one master and one slave.

Quite easy to use
  • Scandaniel

by Scandaniel » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Thanks.

Will I need the same video-content to be stored on both computers aswell?
    sigmasix
    master

by sigmasix » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:51 am

yep.

basically, everything you do on the master will be done on the slave.

If you're looking for frame synchro between two machines, this module will not help you (no modules will in fact)
  • Scandaniel

by Scandaniel » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:51 pm

Hi.

Im quite keen on testing this network modul, but can't seem to find out how to link them. Sender Modul8 has IP 169.254.51.101, but receiver mac has 127.0.0.1. I have tried to alter this last one to match the sender IP under OSC settings in the Preferences menu (is this correct?), but i will not change. Any ideas?
  • anomad
    master

by anomad » Sun May 01, 2016 7:29 pm

Scandaniel wrote:Hi.

Im quite keen on testing this network modul, but can't seem to find out how to link them. Sender Modul8 has IP 169.254.51.101, but receiver mac has 127.0.0.1. I have tried to alter this last one to match the sender IP under OSC settings in the Preferences menu (is this correct?), but i will not change. Any ideas?

. make sure both computers can reach the internet at large - you might actually have IP address 169.254.51.101 - but that looks a lot like the 'this Macintosh did not get an IP address number' - usually network hardware defaults to 192.168.1.XXX addresses.

. 127.0.0.1 is the loopback IP address - "127.0.0.1 is the loopback Internet protocol (IP) address also referred to as the localhost. The address is used to establish an IP connection to the same machine or computer being used by the end-user. " - you will need to find the actual IP address of the system. Go to 'System Preferences" -> "Internet and Wireless" -> "Network" - in the left column select the interface that has a green light and says 'Connected' - the right hand panel should say ' Ethernet is currently active and has the IP address 192.168.1.??? ' - that's the IP address of your computer.

. good luck!

-james
    (a nomad. )