I need help for layer control through midi keyboard
  • herlock99

I need help for layer control through midi keyboard

by herlock99 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi

I've been VJing a long time and I would like to try something new but I can't find anything from the online modules library, even though I thought it would be easy.
    From MD8 basic setup, when playing any video, if you chose 1 loop and then stop, it will just stop at the end of your loop but the video will remain visible (the last frame of the video is still displayed).
    How can you remove that? If I chose 1 loop and then stop, how can I make MD8 to hide the layer, blackout the layer?

the goal is to have one video layer used for background and other layers (with background removed, with alpha layer, like GIF) used on top of it. But I would like to control it live with a midi keyboard. The perfect setup would be that when I press and hold a key on my midi keyboard, the selected layer is on and when I release the key on keyboard, the layer is hidden.

so press and hold a key = show layer, let it play as long as you hold the key
    release key = turn off / hide layer, nothing is displayed (except backgroud layer)

I noticed some layer sequencers that can hide/unhide layers but you always have to hit a button once the hide and once again to unhide which is not what I want to do.
    In fact, I would like to play layers as one would play notes on a piano, that would be awsome!

I can't find a way to do that. Can anyone help? thank you